Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh or Frozen

LoveHandles
LoveHandles Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Living in the AZ. desert, our choice of meats for competition is slim. Do you think a frozen and thawed brisket that was either grass or corn fed would be better than the fresh certified angus brisket we can get. Once again, we're talking for BBQ competition here. Thanks for your help

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Mike, I can't say about grass or corn fed, but beef doesn't seem to suffer at all from being frozen. -RP
  • LoveHandles
    I've got a chance to get some "home growm" beef when I go to Sturgis S.D next month. I've had some before, and it was real good, but never really thought about freezing it for later. Trying to find a way to improve our competition brisket. See-Yaa
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Hey Mike - you've been MIA for a while! How's the world treating you and how's the BGE biz? Sturgis, huh, now I wonder why you would be going there! :laugh: You riding the whole way from AZ or trucken it?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • LoveHandles
    Takin the R.V and working at Rapid City Harley Davidson trying to sell paint jobs. People take their parts off and send them to us for custom paint and we send them back. Staying at a buddys horse ranch and cooking on eggs every day when I get off work. Use to ride there every year, but hard to get all my displays there on the bike. Plenty of other rides though. BGE business doing ok. Hope you're doing well
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    I hear you Arizona Eggers can turn shoe leather into a gourmet meal. ;)

I don't think you'll lose a step with the frozen one.

LR
  • LoveHandles
    Gonna pick up a couple in SD and bring them back. If they turn out good, we'll use one for the Mesquite NV competition. Cooked a brisket the other day out here in AZ and never had to light the lump. Just Kiddin-- See Yaa