Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I AM SAD AND SICK!

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Fidel wrote:
    Didn't that dude end up getting shot?

Yes, and in my way of thinking, it made his message even more meaningful.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Stop hating man!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Jeffersonian wrote:
    God, I hate that song.

That doesn't surprise me one bit.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    I don't think anonymous posting is an issue. It didn't stop Wees and me from going at it hammer and tong, after all.
  • Jeffersonian
    Boom. Iron logic.
  • maybe i'll go buy a weber and check out their forum for brisket and beer can chicken tips. .... :blink: :whistle: :ermm: :(
  • Jeffersonian
    Well, I regret to announce that the show is over and we'll have to return to cooking stuff to amuse ourselves. Wess sent me an email apologizing for ripping me last night and I, in a fit of irrational maudlin pique, replied that I had been a complete male sex organ in response. I promised to be marginally less of a worthless jerk and I think it's safe to say Wess won't be gunning me down like a rabid dog anytime soon.

So Stike, I know you were on the edge of your seat and all stocked up for the next round, and I feel responsible for that. I'll compensate you for any popcorn that might go bad for this inexcusible and wholly undesired truce.
  • Jeffersonian
    Last I looked, there was a huge blowup there over Matchlight vs lighter fluid. It was pistols at dawn.
  • Jeffersonian
    Damn, I'm not even allowed my own opinion of maudlin, sappy ballads by overrated Brit combos?
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Cook something, post pictures, inspire us. Don't keep being a jerk. Or go somewhere else. If you hate it here, why do you keep coming back?
  • popagar0
    popagar0 Posts: 136
    Bubba Tim i sent you an e-mail :unsure:
  • Jeffersonian
    Who said anything about hating it here?

Look, I don't mind being slapped around for stuff I say, but I'm not thrilled about getting pummeled for stuff I didn't. That's what 90% of the problem was the other day.
  • Jeffersonian
    I think I might go get bombed.
  • Basscat
    Then cook something, post pictures, and/or ask questions and stop arguing. Life's full of enough crap without arguing about it here. If you come here for enjoyment, don't fight, if you come here to fight, why ?
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Absolutely agree!
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    I lurked for months because we (IT and I) could never get my log in to work properly. Operator error - messed up system - whatever. I didn't post much, but I was glad that I could. I never thought for a second to post something that would be offensive.

I often log on anonymously (RGBHV-offline) and I will admit to a couple other anonymous posts in fun - I know these anonymous posts are because I'm too lazy to log on and I could care less about a post count. Again, I never thought for second to post something that would be offensive.

There are always going to be people that offer great info, bad info or even bend the rules.

Anonymous posters sharing their two cents or stirring up the pot, Newbies offering their experience, asking repetitive questions about the Egg or providing information (good or bad), Old timers sharing their experience (accurate or not), talking about their hobbies or flexing their muscles as if somehow they have tenure.

I see members suggesting that we should ignore trolls or anyone else that doesn't toe the party line or agree with them and yet they're some of the first people to post responses to trolls - as if somehow they're protecting the forum and it's members because we're not able to do it ourselves.

This is not the old forum and it never will be again. If that's what you're looking for, you need to create a new forum for a select few members. (I hope you don't argue too much amongst yourselves).

The forum will never be the same because there are too many new members, the old timers have created a great selling feature for BGE, and there's too much money involved. If you don't think there's money involved, you're fooling yourself.

I hope that you will continue to share your knowledge, your opinions, post recipes, post pictures, hold eggfests, offer some insight into your lives with OT posts about your family, hobbies, tables, etc., even have some arguments.
    Those are the things that make this forum and it's members special. (I can choose to read them or not and if I do read them - I read them with a grain of salt or sugar and would agree to differ)

If you do all of these things using common sense without being offensive, this will be a great place. The moderators can easily weed out the posts that don't meet the above criteria.

At the end of the day people - it's a BBQ.

There's no need for threats, vulgar language, or offensive material.

Michael
  • What sucks though is now the cops and the FBI have been involved. Can't just call off those dogs because you kissed and made up.

Our only hope is that you were blowing smoke when you said you were calling the squids. ;)
  • Jeffersonian
    Nah, they weren't involved. Ain't nuthin' coming of it.
  • Jeffersonian
    Sometimes fighting is fun. But the guy posting irritable broadsides in response to a well-reasoned and -documented thread about cooling briskets doesn't need me to tell him that.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    BBQ is meat, not a grill. B)
  • Basscat
    Don't care if my briskets take an hour to cool in the middle of the cook, they come out awesome. And I'll share my mysterious secrets with the forum if someone asks. That's why we are here. Fight someplace else. Life's too short, dude, get over it.
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    If you're trying to make friends and get support, I think you missed that bus.
  • Jeffersonian
    How about this: We won't step all over your posts about the awesomeliciousness of your briskets and the magical secrets therein if you won't step all over posts that take a more analytical approach? If life is as short as all that - dude - surely you'll see the merit in that.
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    I guess you missed the point of the post!

Michael
  • Basscat
    No, you are just a jerk, and don't get why we love the Egg. Eazy Peazy! Go suck your egg. Or better yet, cook on it, instead of making a fool of yourself here. Post away, done with you.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    No, actually it really hit home. I have alot of soul searching to do as a result. :silly:
  • I agree. What's wrong with taking an analytical approach to cooking on the egg? I don't know why people find this approach so offensive. Weird stuff.

Different smokes for different folks.