Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I AM SAD AND SICK!

bubba tim
bubba tim Posts: 3,216
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the past year or so, I have signed onto this forum to see what has been happening, only to find Eggheads posting comments that have nothing to do with cooking on the Big Green Egg and taking their disagreements out on this forum. We ALL have different techniques and opinions of how this or that is done. We are a family of Eggheads that is over 18,000 members strong.
And yes, from time to time, we get a peek into their lives with news of births, deaths, requests for prayer, and surgeries. I have no problem with that. I have met or talked with tons of you, and consider you very close friends. However, recently I have seen some things posted that makes me sad and sick. THIS IS A FAMILY ORIENTED FORUM! I have read where we are all "adults". Give me a BREAK! Adults don't act like immature children! GROW THE F UP! If you have a problem with someone on this forum, you own it. Take responsibility! Don't share it here! I for one, don't want to read it and frankly few of us 'real' Eggheads do. This has gone WAY beyond "humerous"! If someone writes something you don't agree with, fine. Post your opinion, and move on. If someone posts something that you don't agree with and you are passionate about YOUR opinion, go off line and send them an email. Don't bring it in here. These "tit for tat" threads serve no purpose other than to stir the pot. This is a message for the member(s) doing the stirring: FIND ANOTHER FORUM, OR CLEAN UP YOUR ACT! This is a message for the member who jumps into the pot: DON'T GET SUCKED IN! You are better than that, and smarter. For those that feel the need to HIDE behind an "anonymous" name, you are a coward! It is time to for ALL EGGHEADS to lobby for "members only" posting rights. IF YOU AGREE WITH ME, RESPOND TO THIS POST. If you disagree with me, send me an email @ bubba@bubbatim.com. It's time for "Egg Nation" to unite and take back our forum! Please! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP

Comments

• outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    agreed....let's stick to cooking and enjoying the wonderful cooks and advice we see on here.

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I agree!!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    preaching to the choir ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Well stated, TB!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    I agree with you, and thanks for stating it well.
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Well said and I agree. It is hard to resist jumping in at times, but I will continue to try. - Scott
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I agree.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• so it seems we have stumbled across yet another self appointed sheriff in town. the contradictions in your diatribe amaze me. this is a family forum vs. grow the f up, in the same breath no less. very nice. oh, and if you agree then reply here so everyone can see and if you don't agree them email me so no one can possibly know the depths of disagreement. nothing makes a point better than silencing the opposition.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Great post Tim...now if only they would take your advise. :ohmy: :)
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    i agree and i have not been to another forum that did not require registration in order to post ,, and some even require regitration to click links to view pics.. i 'should ' be able to click on any thread and read it with out wishing i hadn't.
    bill aka lowercasebill
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Why don't you regiuster so that an email can be sent offline???
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Agreed, register to post.
  • Agreed!

And I make a motion that we require an account to post. This is the only board of about 20 that I am a member of that allows anonymous postings. All the rationale about "trying it out before joining" don't fly in my book, you join, if you decide later to not participate much, then cancel your account, or let the board operators deal with the pile of unused accounts.
  • Some wish everyone had to register to post, others wish that a person that makes several death threats be banned. We don't always get what we want. If any of you agree with me, post it here. If you disagree, tell it to your priest or clergyman. :laugh:
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Richard this is another reason why I personally don't like coming on the forum much anymore because there are to many many unregistered peeps who like hiding behind the wall.
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Enough Said Amen. Thank You Tim
  • 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Very well said I have been thinking that for the last couple of days
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    It's been asked a number of times for anonymous posting be either restricted or disallowed. Good luck.

I did a poll and the results were pretty well evenly split in favor of and in opposition to requiring registration. I got no feedback at all from the admins or anyone with the stroke to make a difference.

Just like always, read the ones you want and skip those you don't - that seems to be the best approach.
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    I agree with you. Well said.
  • bubba tim
    Ok, I will bite and entertain your comment that not allowing guest posting would not be effective. Why? Send me an email, and I will respond with my cell phone number.
    Cool?
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I agree. I post some dumb stuff sometimes, but I'll never hide from anyone. I honestly can't understand why anonymous posts are allowed. Is there a reason to have them? I'm not kidding, I really would like to know.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    It could be that they don't want to alienate potential customers. -RP
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I certainly agree with Tim, This crap has gone on long enough!. There are good people on here who are losing it over folks who just want to cause problems. I say anonymous posts should be banned.It is beyond my comprehension why people want to stir up controversy for no reason. I suppose it is some sort of entertainment for them!

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Camano
    Camano Posts: 134
    Well said Tim. I post very little because of some of those posts
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    my e-mail to B.T.
    Thanks for posting that between the trolls and those that feel the need to reprimand I too am tired. perhaps we can ask the mods to take a poll [again] as to requiring registration,, I understand their desire to leave it open but we are too large a group now imho.. I will be happy to e-mail them with this request but will leave the decision up to you..
  • bubba tim
    Jeff, I understand how you feel. The forum has lost many a member due to these "exchanges". Please remember this, of the 18,000 plus Eggheads on this forum, 99% are true Eggheads. They are here to help you expand your skill sets on the Big Green Egg. The few "Rotten Eggheads" just what to stir the pot. Keep on Eggin! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Hey, Tim! This stuff has been going on here for many years now. Fortunately, it only lasts for a short time. Don't be SAD and SICK! Hell's Fire, man, it's gonna happen and it'll pass just like it always has.....this is no different than any other time! Just carry on and we'll see you in September!! :woohoo:
  • I am a registered user and I don't want to log in because I do not want to be seen here so I guess I am a coward.

I do not think potential buyers enjoy this stuff one bit when all they are looking for is information about EGGS. How about MODERATING the forum? How about posting OT on the OT section that visitors cannot see? How about updating the forum software? Why is this text displayed at the bottom of posts "The administrator has disabled public write access"?

And people wonder why I don't post here anymore... I've posted a few times since I left using an alias because I just couldn't stand not to.

Anyway... enjoy! See ya in a year or two.

Sincerely,
    RTD