Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone Remember Company Last Year

Options
Bullhog88
Bullhog88 Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
At the Eggtoberfest. last year, as you entered the back area, on the left was a company that was marketing a modular system for the Eggs. They were using the "plastic" lumber, so it should last long and keep it's good looks. Does anyone remember who they were? I've lost the brochures that I got. Thanks

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I don't know anything about your question, but I will kick in that "plastic" deck material is not very good for building tables. Proceed with caution :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    it would be ok to use if the structure took into account that it behaves completely different than wood of a similar dimension.

whether it is someone's cup of tea visually, it can be made to work as a table if done correctly. it certainly works as a deck, for example, and a deck would experience greater loads.

it can't span very far, for example, but that's easy enough to overcome

i'd look at other materials that cost less and look better, but if a dude wants plastic deck, it can be made to work
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I agree with you stike, but I have heard [and I don't really know] that the material in synthetic decking is not anything you want around food! :unsure:
    That is why I said "Proceed with caution." I'm sure this too can be overcome, but not by me :P

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL