Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb, Pit beef & Kaiser Rolls

Options
ozegg
ozegg Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everybody! Just thought I'd share a few of my recent cooks. First is Lamb which is a butterflied leg that I stuffed with ricotta, bulgarian feta, pine nuts, spinach and capicola. I smoked it with some apple wood, came out delicious, personally would cook it less next time though but parents loved it! Also did some Kaiser rolls out of Bread Bakers Apprentice, they turned out great, and were really yummy. I did pit beef the same day with mustard and Raise the Steaks, using a eye of the round, best beef I've cooked, served with homemade horseradish mayonnaise (tiger sauce). Really happy with the Dizzy pig BBQ rubs,also did two spatchcocked chickens one with swamp venom one with jerk, but next time I'm marinating for 24 hours. Well anyways here are some pictures.
Leg of Lamb
DSC_00013.jpg

Kaiser final proof
DSC_0014.jpg

Kaiser Egg Cooking
DSC_00162.jpg

Kaiser Finished
DSC_00192.jpg

Pit Beef Dinner Cooked to 120F
DSC_00202.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg

Dizzy Pig in Australia
DSC_00033.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i thought when i opened this thread you were going to tell us you mad pit beef with lamb... :ohmy:

i love pit beef i got to thank wess for making me try it..

your kaiser rolls look good.... i have that book i will have to give it a try sometime

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Yuma yuma! Nice collection of D.P.'s
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    ozegg, good evening.

You really know how to bake. Your kaiser rolls are perfect! Must have made the pit beef even more special.

Your stuffed leg of lamb looks delicious. Would have liked to have seen a photo of a sliced piece.

Thanks for sharing! :)
  • ozegg
    ozegg Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments! Rebecca I mean to take more photos but get a little excited at times and just want to eat it all. Next few cooks ill try get some more photos, got some beautiful MSA (our equivalent of prime)Angus Scotch Fillet Steaks to cook tomorrow. Im excited thinking about it right now.
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    Your food looks Great