Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Brisket attempt...with Bacon Blanket

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First attempt here...13# packer...found a nice local butcher here in the Reading, PA area. He trimmed it for me...based off what I told him (which is what I've read here).

Injected with simple beer mop base and then a rub.

Then had this last-minute idea to 'add bacon'. So...I made a sort of 'Bacon Blanket' by weaving slices of thick bacon. As you can see, it looked kinda different.

250 and it took quite some time...even after foiling 3/4 of the way through.

Very tasty...but I know it was a tad bit dry. All guests said it was great. Who knows?

IMG_1335.jpg
IMG_1340.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg
IMG_1356.jpg
IMG_1365.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg

Comments

• ozegg
    ozegg Posts: 50
    Options
    looks pretty delicious the bacon gives it extra heart stopping power!! YUMMY
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Jason,
    What temp did you pull that at? Nice smoke ring!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    I guess it was a little over 190. I had some problems with my readings. The fork test, I guess I missed 'not yet' and 'now'....

All in all...it was very good.

I guess I just had too high of expectations for the 1st try. :)
  • LoveHandles
    LoveHandles Posts: 156
    Options
    I tried the bacon wrap once, but didn't care for it because there was no bark on the brisket when the bacon was taken off.