Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wa-Wa Wings

Grumpa
Grumpa Posts: 861
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some 11-12 years ago when I made my trip to the mother ship to look at the BGE, there was a fellow working there named Smokin' Eddie who was tending a large BGE full of wings.

In speaking with Eddie, I learned that these were called Wa-Wa Wings and were about to be set out as samples for customers to taste. Hot off the egg, I grabbed the first one he set out and munched it down. I think it was about 4 or 5 wings later that I had them loading up my newly purchased large, I feel they were hurrying to get me out of there before I ate the entire egg full of wings :ohmy: I do not know if Eddie is still with them or not, but he was one fine fellow and to this day I have never forgotten my encounter with him and his Wa-Wa wings. He even made a special delivery to my house a year later with my small egg which was a gift to me.

Every so often, I get a hankering for those Wa-Wa wings and make up a batch and tonight was one of those times. They were absolutely fantastic and every bit as good as I have them remembered from the first one I ate. I am sure that the BGE folks have made fortunes from selling eggs simply because of those wings sitting around as a sample.

If you are new here or simply have not done these for whatever reason, I strongly urge you to give them a try. They are so simple and quick, yet as tasty as anything I have had come off the egg. Here is a link to the recipe, do give them a try.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=139

Comments

• Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    I'll give these a shot sometime...

I've said many times in the last two months..."I don't need fried wings anymore."

The Egg does them super crispy if that's how you like
    'em (like us!) and they're more moist than a comporable crispy deep-fried one! Been throwing just Signore Bernardo's Savory Poultry on them...amazing!
  • crzyedna
    crzyedna Posts: 56
    I've been doing wingettes with just the BGE seasoning on a regular basis for my neighbors since getting my LgBGE 4 yrs ago. Also do the chicken legs on the hanging rack, now am anxious to try with the added Obie seasoning.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Where do I get the Obie's Original Fajita Seasoning? Thanks

Patti