Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Egg Table: No instructions included*

Central IL EggerCentral IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
*Seems like there are not many tables out there for the mini (probably bcuz most people don't feel the need), but it's my preffered egg as I usually am cooking for one. SO, being not the least bit talented or organized I went to our local Menards and started picking out pieces of cedar. Kind of had a visual based on my large table, but was totally flying by the seat of my pants. After several hours and 2 changes of clothes (sweat like a hog in the heat) I had me a table! Built it with a decent size top for prep, put casters on the bottom and stained it this morning! I'll never be able to duplicate the process, but it was fun seeing it come together!

The materials in the raw
IMG_5524DesktopResolution.jpg

Table (Pre-Hole)
07b38c1b.jpg

The whole "hole"
39a9da84.jpg

Ooops, how did THIS end up here. Got to meet Toby Keith this weekend. :cheer:
f5298939.jpg
The mini table cuddling up to the the Large~
IMG_5526DesktopResolution.jpg
·

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Nice job! :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,305
    Nice!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,732
    Nice job, Mark! Obviously you are being a bit modest about your ability as shown by the miter saw on the ground and then the perfect circle you cut I assume with a saber saw. One suggestion though is I'd still put a cement stepping stone under those 3 feet. That mini can get surprisingly hot. Couldn't help but notice the table is shorter - couldn't be for your girls to take interest could it? :laugh:
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • Yep, thanks, I need to get a stone yet~

I raided my brother in law's garage for the power tools... :)
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 14,732
    I knew you had the wood working ability when you made this handle for me that I turned into a wiggle rod. Now when I wiggle I think of you! :whistle:
    IMG_0647.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,349
    Well done! I need to build something like that for my mini! If I may ask, how did you fabricate the corner pieces (uprights)? TIA, & happy cookin'~~
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,109
    I scrolled through it fast and until I read the captions I thought you looked just like Toby Keith ;)

Nice table too.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Great post! Nice table. ;) Tim
    ·