Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pressure cleaner

Options
Lionel
Lionel Posts: 56
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I'm planning on purchasing a pressure cleaner. No idea what to look for. it will be used to clean up around the house.

thanks

Lionel

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I've had mine for years. It's 1500psi, which is enough for me, but I'd like to be able to use a soapy or clorox mix at high pressure. Mine can't - just water from the hose at high pressure.

I mostly use mine to get mold off the side of the house and patio area. Houston has a lot of mold growth. 1500 psi is enough for that.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Pilcher Man
    Options
    I bought a Coleman 2400 psi and it has been a good one. Kohler engine, 3 different nozzles. Will do anything an average homeowner will encounter. Got it at Atwood's for about $400.00.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    I had a 2400 PSI that damaged my deck boards and rails the first time I used it. As luck had it broke and was going to be more expensive to repair than to replace. So I bought a more modest 1450 PSI Duracraft and have used it for at least 10 years now. It works great and keeps me from becoming Tim the Tool Man!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    just another hint/suggestion...we have this floor to ceiling screened in porch that I use my 1450 psi to wash off the horrible pollen from inside that all the trees plants etc "place on the screens". Trust me if I used a powerful power washer those screens would be history MANY years ago!
    IMG_0353.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Lionel
    Lionel Posts: 56
    Options
    thanks for the input, I'll be using it for mold, Screens, etc. looks like I'll stay away from 2000 plus models.

Lionel
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

A while back I bought a Ryobi 3000psi gas pressure washer and it has been great. 1 pull start every time. It comes with different heads for the sprayer handle. From soap application to a straight stream. The narrower spray angles are strong enough to clean oil spills in the cement.

The first 3 heads are a softer spray and will handle the screens and soft items easily. The 3 narrower heads are very powerful and will tackle the toughest jobs. I very seldom use the 0° head, this head has the ability to etch cement if the want is not kept moving. On wood the narrow head would be disastrous. The wider spray paths work well on the wood parts of the house as well as cleaning the off white brick.

GG