Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wood Chunks

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Where do you get chunks of wood? All I find are chips.
Thanks
PattyO

Comments

• pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    PattyO Menards has chunks here in Iowa
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Ace hardware, albeit overpriced.
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    Patty, hope this helps...........

in front of the wood chipper !!!

Academy in South Louisiana has lots of wood chunks.......pecan, mesquite, oak, cherry, apple.....etc.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do I understand that you live in Iowa? If so I have lots of apple and cherry wood that I would be glad to give to you free for coming to get it. I have tons of it so feel free to contact me. Bucky Buckshot
  • Old Salt
    Old Salt Posts: 28
    Options
    Home Depot and Lowes usually have Hickory and Mesquite. Freds Music and BBQ have a nice assortment and their shipping fee isn't to much. They're a bit of a drive from Beaver Falls, but worth the visit if you're heading east.
  • PattyO
    Options
    There is no Menards here in Beaver Falls, PA area. I'll check Ace. Home Depot and Lowes have only chips in my area.
    PattyO
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    chips chunks twigs boards sawdust....

all work, all have their advocates. i use what i can find, and never look a gift chip in the mouth.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Beaver Falls, huh? Do you know Joe Willie? :)

As for chunks, you could always take a walk through the woods and do a little pruning or pickup some deadfall. You probably have oak, hickory, cherry, maple, maybe dogwood in western PA. Doubt you'll find mesquite though. ;)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• PattyO
    Options
    Ahh, Joe Willie, who said I can't wait 'til tomorrow because I get better looking every day. Maybe in pantihose he does. He was not a good kid. Yep. Broadway Joe, Beaver Falls' claim to fame, where the beaver fell down.
    PattyO
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    He's not all bad... Lots of guys would like to kiss Suzy Kolber! :lol::lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut