Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HDR Photography anyone?

bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in Off Topic
First off I'll try to explain what HDR imaging is. In a nutshell it's a process to try to mimic more closely what your eye can see as opposed to a camera sensor. It's best used in situation where you have both really bright and really dark sections in a picture. Excellent example and explanation here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging

My issue is I'm trying to find affordable or better yet free software to do this. SO far I like FDRTools Basic 2.3.3 but I'm still learning. Anyone else messing around with this?

Here's my work so far.

First shot of my home office. As you can see the light from the window and monitor is somewhat "blown out" or too light. Also the darker areas are somewhat...well dark.
4800515948_3358e268ca_b_d.jpg

Here's the HDR Image. Pretty good but a bit over saturated on some of the blues.The monitor is better as you can actually see the image, but the window is still way overexposed. You can only barely see the blinds.
4799889085_bd72b4c05b_b_d.jpg

Comments