Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What do you suck at

• EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,014
    Purt neat everythin. Gravy doesn't seem that difficult though. But then again, maybe mine sucks. Oh well :woohoo:
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    A good reason to serve bbq.....its done when its done is a good crutch!
  • irishrogirishrog Posts: 375
    Following recipes, I dont think I have evry followed a recipe accurately in my life.
    The proof is I cannot master pastry, because the recipes are so precise, and I most definately am not.
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511

That was more of a group suckage. No?
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    I need improvement with my pizza crust. :huh:
    Variety is probably my greatest hangup. that and the 20% of the egg starts which i either leave the ceramic top on or space out and come back to an 800* fire. :P
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,337
    adam, that's funny, once I lit my mini, put a few abt's on a skewer draped over the sides to hold them up, went it for what seemed like 5 minutes, when I came out the whole little fella was engulfed in flames, they were shooting out the top & all sides, that little sucker goes nuclear in short order, thankfully the throne is all stone, but the roof of the hut is wood, I need to be more careful :ohmy:
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,429
    Brisket! I've only tried two times in my life and both were colossal failures producing leather for a saddle! In fact I've been so bummed out about it that it's been 7 years since my last. Guess I better get over it and try another now that I'm more egg-savvy!
    Dunlap, IL
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Not following recipes & always trying to improvise...I am not the McGyver of cooking & need to stop trying to be....

also I want to try a ton of stuff and some of it I don't even like to eat... :S :huh:
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    I suck at brisket... mostly because I can't seem to stay focused on "directions" from others... I also seem to overcook scallops... and don't get me started on Pizza.... burned crust and raw dough!
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    using a sharpening stick/rod/whatever that thing is called
  • FlaMikeFlaMike Posts: 648
    I can't seem to evenly filet a pork loin for stuffing. Screw it up every time, then the stuffing all wants to ooze out between the ties, while it's cooking. But I keep on trying.
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Carving poultry. By time I get done, the poor bird looks like a cross between "Chicken Run" and "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre."
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    I'm still here :) just kinda hanging in the background.