Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

first pizza basil and chicken

jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
edited 8:47PM in EggHead Forum
sauteed some yellow peppers
CIMG2319-1.jpg
shredded some spatched chicken
CIMG2320.jpg
some home made marinara
CIMG2321.jpg
putting some heat on the stone
CIMG2322-1.jpg
pie on the egg
CIMG2324-1.jpg
grabbed some basil
CIMG2325-1.jpg
CIMG2327-1.jpg
CIMG2328-1.jpg
·

Comments

• Wow ..good job getting that large pizza on the stone.
    Looks tasty.
    What kind of wood did you use on your BGE table? It looks nice.
    ·
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    Jack, lookin good, especially for a first shot, my first pie looked more like something you'd find after a house fire :evil:
    ·
  • jemrxjemrx Posts: 81
    thanks dave I use ipe aka iron wood
    ·
    thanks Marc it was fun doing it on the egg and didn't mess up the kitchen which made someone very happy. btw did you know cindy kramer from strath haven.
    ·
    indeed, I graduated with Cindy, how'bout dat.
    ·
  • Very Nice
    ·
    she is my sister in law now cindy miller, married to my brother larry. This world keeps getting smaller!
    ·
    marc what is yr last name?
    ·
  • Nice pizza

How was Ipe to work with? I've heard it can dull blades and knives pretty quick - nice wood.
    ·
    Ippoliti, did you get my email?
    ·
  • redneck6497redneck6497 Posts: 177
    Looks like a great pizza. Love the basil
    ·
    no
    ·
    Frank.....I had a friend of mine make my table. It was his suggestion to use ipe. He later regretted his decision as it was very difficult on his tools and time wise took much longer than he expected. The outcome however turned out to be a beautiful piece of craftmanship.
    ·