Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak/Shrimp

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night rib-eyes. The most wonderful ever. Covered with mustard,then Charcrust garlic and peppercorn,Did 2-2-5 at 650 and came out perfect!!. Amazing since I am one of those people who has always had a hard time boiling water. Then again I'll never have to boil water again if I keep on EGGing. Thanks to everybody on the forum.[p]Does anybody have a favorite recipe for a shrimp appetizer?

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    shrimp.jpg
    <p />Big Cat,[p]I've had much luck and a lot of compliments on this one. If you go with it, double or triple the portion of honey (as folks have suggested to me). Microwave the honey slightly to make it easier to blend in.[p]K~G

[ul][li]KennyG's shrimp[/ul]
  • KennyG,
    Looks great!
    Whats up with your boneless/smoked chicken breast and wings to die for?
    Where can I find those to add to my growing list of things to try? Also is Mrs.Dogs available at retail stores or is it mail order?[p]Thanks

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    KennyG,[p]Glad I e-mailed you this am and woke you up. The recipe sounds good - always looking for a new recipe for shrimp. We are some of the folk who can find good fresh stuff pretty easy.[p]Next time you're playing - see if you could add a little coconut to the outside - stuck on the by the honey. My wife loves shrimp and coconut, maybe it would work.[p]Thanks - I'll try it real soon myself. You moved it yet??[p]Tim
  • Tim M,
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Shrimp with coconut is one of my wifes favorites.

• Tim M,
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Shrimp with coconut is one of my wifes favorites.

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Big Cat,[p]I've been following and posting on the KCBS forum since before that of the BGE. I was surprized and honored to find that they placed some of my appetizer recipes on their hot list. I can repost here if their is interest. Mrs Dog's Jerk sauce (from our very own J Appledog) in sold in supermarkets in Western MI and many specialty food and spce shops, also by mail order through her web site.[p]K~G
    tutin' my own horn hehehe

[ul][li]KCBS recipes[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    KennyG, I am looking...looking...and thanks for reminding me to pull me head out of the sand and review all the great posts and recipes there. Sometimes one has to cut the anchor and go down or up river a ways to enjoy new scenery.
    Cheers....enjoyed it and congratulations. I agree with your comments regarding JCA..She's a darlin...
    Chow...C~W[p]