Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What do you suck at

Comments

• ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    funny, I think I have the same over-cooking problem; better to serve a slightly dry piece of chicken to your guest than have him dry-heaving in your driveway
    slick, very slick :laugh: :laugh:
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,504
    The one thing I TRULY suck at is timing - but it's a biggie!

I have a really hard time getting everything to finish at the same time.
    I often leave food on the egg too long and overcook.
    I simply CANNOT manage to get a meal on the table before about 9PM, sometimes 11!!
    It takes too much time to get the egg up to temp.

Oh, and my knife sharpening skills could use improvement.

Other than that, I'm damn near perfect! :lol: :lol:
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    but as far as the egg is concerned - I can't make a pizza to save my life. They always come out mooshed and in the fire.
  • "IF IT WERE ALL GREAT. ..IT WOULD ALL BE AVERAGE"

think about :lol:
    you got that right maxwell
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,340
    Keeping my man cave in order. To many piles of books etc. Same with the storage bldg. Bread making is getting better tho. What I really suck at is getting "yes ma'am" to see things my way. :laugh: :laugh:
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    I always cook too much food for the number of people I am feeding.

pizza dough still sucks.
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    That isn't true Ron...remember that one time...oh yeah you are right...LOL

Just kidding... ;) :)
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Sounds like a deal Max...I know all about your turkey gravy, I was talking just gravy in general..
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Timing. Like Rebecca, getting it on the table anywhere near on time.
    I don't measure ingredients and when something turns out well I don't remember how I did it! :unsure:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    He may not "glide" well, but he can sure get the hell out of a golf cart awful fast....still makes me jaugh thinkin about it...
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,316
    try red wine in your gravey, it turns it purple, people will talk about it for years........ :laugh: :ermm:
  • wess, i'll teach you good gravey basics ...then you can make simple pan sauces and graveys, be them beef, chicken, turkey, whatever. ...

all you need are some butter, stocks and wines. . .and a little flour. . .the rest is easy peasy....
  • RoudyRoudy Posts: 431
    My homemade ice cream turns out great, but my frozen custard attempts suck.

My gravy skills suck with the exception of when I make the Mad Max gravy at Thanksgiving.

I can make a tasty homebrew, but my skills in transferring from fermenting to bottling buckets to the bottle sucks (hard to keep the sludge/hops residue from transferring).
    PlinytheElder001.jpg
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    I suck at spatchcock chicken. They are either over or under done. I have no problem with chicken pieces or AZRP's famous "The Chicken", but these things have me stumped. To quote Curly.."If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'till you DO suck seed". :lol:
  • I suck at being clever and witty like most of you. Also suck at building things.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Best pie crust tip I ever learned was to freeze your butter (or shortening) and grate it using a box grater. This will allow it to more evenly mix into the dry ingredients without overworking.
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Ribs, ribs, and occasionally ribs.

LR
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Why, Fidel! That doesn't suck in the least :)
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    It is if it has the dimensions of a pound cake!!!
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    There is that too, but he said cooking... :woohoo:

You know I am going to try that recipe..
  • 1) Baking :(

2) Following a recipe :unsure:

3) Following instructions - I think it is unmanly and cheating to read instructions for assemblying something - like an engine :whistle:

Items 2 and 3 are kind of important to do item 1) :blink:
  • ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,939
    I'm gonna goooo waaay out on a limb and guess constructing pop up side tables isn;t high on your list either...!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    a4c60350.jpg

Now that's damm funny...I don't care who said it...!!!

Luuuv you Mike!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I tend to over season....normally too much pepper. I've ruined many a fine effort by using a heavy hand with the shakers.
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,676
    Why do I feel like I'm in a support group? :huh:

Hello, My name is Jo Jo and I suck at making pizza :S Sometimes they are great but most of the time they're just ok.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    LOL, is right. Not sure there was a "one time". I even managed to screw up boxed brownies at Rod's once. ;)
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    I gotta ask, does not being able to reach things in the top of the fridge or the top two shelves in the cabinets count as sucking?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    You're rollin' now aren't you? First you cut my workday by 1 1/2 hours on the phone, then this. Well, I'll have you know that I now have one of those "expensive" pizza stones. Come back and visit any time. B)