Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What"s Your Eggs Name??

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I"ve been thinking of a name for my egg with no success, I asked the wife to name it and she gave me that jealous look and walked off. She ain"t jealous when it"s time to eat, she be the first one to the table. So I was wondering do you have a name for your egg and if so who named it? I may let my kids name her. Thanks for your input...Peace...

Comments

• Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    Haha to funny about your wife! I named my egg Boomer, seeing as I'm an Egghead-Sooner!!!
  • sirlancealot
    sirlancealot Posts: 506
    Options
    Yeah my wife thinks i"m going with a females name on her. So, i don"t know, maybe..
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    We've named our Eggs Large, Large with half a gasket, and Medium. :) Except the large we've had for 14 years....She is now dubbed "Ole Lady". We use Ole Lady just for our low n slows. She is well seasoned! Welcome... you are gonna have some fun!!! :laugh:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Because the Chicken Ranch has a long story to tell and a reputation to live up to, it seemed only right that the staff have alias's appropriate to their status and duties here.

My three 'working girls' are Lily Large, Shirley Small and Maggie Mini. Each has special talents and desireability, and are frequently dressed up with exotic accessoreies to accommodate the needs of customers. They do put on a show, especially when all are working at the same time.

The Chicken Ranch is a fun place when the 'Girls Working' light is lit.

Spring "Girls Night Off" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    XL - laissez le bon temps rouler (french for let the good times roll)
    Small - Geaux Tigers (Tiger fan)
    Mini - Lagniappe (french for something extra - dealer comped the mini :) )

IMG_2228800x600.jpg

IMG_2222800x600.jpg
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That look wasn't jealousy, it was incredulity. As in, "It's a GRILL! You're going to name a grill?!" :blink:

I call mine the eggs. B):)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Unknown
    Options
    Non. Laissez les bons temps rouler is NOT French. It is pure Cajun and it is how it would be said in English, except for French words being substituted ... typical of Cajun. The French would say "que la fête commence".

To me, that is part of the charm of how the Cajuns speak.
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    how do you know it's a female?
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Ben and Jen. The medium has no name. I guess it's name is "An Egg With No Name".
    The Naked Whiz
  • Boatman
    Boatman Posts: 854
    Options
    My large is named "Fat Man" - because it is the bomb B) I named it. When I get a small it will be "Little Boy" B)
    Fat Man
    250px-Fat_man1.jpg

Little Boy (still being assembled at the mothership)
    300px-Little_boy1.jpg
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning sirlancealot:

The two Large Eggs are "Bert" & "Ernie" (nicknames I used with my two sons), the Mini Egg is "Olive" (because my wife thought it looked like an olive) and the Small Egg hasn't gotten a formal name, but we are leaning toward "SweetPea" (I guess to keep with the "Popeye" thing).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it (for now). ;) :laugh:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    No names for my eggs but, that's ok I love them unconditionally! B) Tim
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Found this large Imperial Kamado in an estate sale last year for a VERY good price. Needed some work to clean up, but works fine under 400F.

TENBUCKS100_2584.jpg

KAMADOFINISHED100_2579.jpg

Acquired a small at the Fl '06 fest when the distributor's truck backed into my vehicle. Not much damage,but they insisted on a small for compensation.

ACCIDENT.jpg
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    call me killjoy if you want, but i call the large egg "the large egg" and the small "the small"

don't understand naming them, but that's just me. :laugh:

heck, as a kid growing up we had a series of cats each referred to as 'the cat'.
    :unsure:
  • Cobra
    Cobra Posts: 110
    Options
    Im glad Im not the only one that plays with the nonsense of naming inanimate things.

We have named our eggs also, the Xl is Bradley, and the Large is Lola...Bradley(Brad) and Lola Pit. ;) My wife came up with the Pit part and I thought it was quite entertaining.
    Options
    "incredulity" eh? excellent. what with "unctuous" being bandied about the other day, this place is becoming like a word-a-day calendar.

as for not naming the eggs, maybe it's a New England thing?
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Being the quick thinker I am: The large, small, and mini are all named -- MICKEY
    Found LawnRanger call write and spell MICKEY very well so all works out (and I can remember the name of each egg).....

This mini is now the new style latch
    photo-4.jpg
    photo-8.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Brazilian_Egg
    Options
    My XL is named Sputnik. My wife is not pleased with this and accuses me of being a commie.
  • UofMontanaAlum
    Options
    Linda large and Lilly large. AKA "The Ladies".
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    must be a newengland thing, i call my brothers kid the boy :laugh: i think it irks his mother :laugh: my lobster boat has direct amends written on it from the previous owner. never changed it, call it the lobster boat, found out later the name has something to do with AA, explains why everyone comes over to look at it and spill coffee on it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Wild Turkeys
    Options
    Humpty is what we call her when speaking about her, Honey is what I call her when speaking to her. . . .

Turkeys
  • Unknown
    Options
    You mean the Minnie is named Mickey ? She's going to need counseling. :ohmy:
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Options
    My first large is still without name. I have called the second one I recently bought the Dr Bob memorial Q in honour of my Dad who passed away earlier this year.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

Options
    that's just goofy
  • mcdraw
    mcdraw Posts: 89
    Options
    My kids call the XL the "BGT" (big green turd). They love the pulled pork that comes off it.
    Options
    like a boat named "one day at a time" with bud empties rolling around in it... :laugh:

until i got married, my father referred to each of my girlfriends as "whats-her-name"
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    Options
    my last girlfriend i called hun, not as in honey, more as in attila :laugh: should i go name all my fishing rods now, that could take a while
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Monty Burns
    Options
    Kept it simple and went with 'Humpty'!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Our two larges are named mine and yours, the other two are small and mini. -RP