Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping Spring Chicken: Griddle Q

Options
berrygood
berrygood Posts: 372
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since you are the resident Griddle Q rep here on the forum and since the company didn't answer my inquiry, I will pose the question to you kind sir: do you know when they are gonna release the round version for the LBGE?

Thanks in advance and I hope your knee is feeling better. Keep that zipper up, now.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    "Resident Griddle Q Rep" huh? Hummmmm! I like it.

Mind you, it's 2:30 AM Central Chicken Ranch Time and my wits aren't sharp yet but my search of the LG site didn't disclose any more information than you already have.

RoundLittleGriddle.png

But they have a telephone number, so I think I would just call them in the morning. They are really nice people.

Phone (toll free): (800)-337-0568
    Phone: (586) 268-2100

Personally, I like the round griddle design for the Egg. I have the square shaped one and it does a great job but I lose a few square inches of valuable cooking surface by it not being round. Plus, I think the heat pattern will be better on the round.

I'm not sure if they will design a spatula and scrapper for the round one because it seems to me you could just just the regular squared spatula and scraper by 'reaming' it around the wall and scrapping toward the trough.

I noticed that they left out the handle cut-outs along the side wall. That's good. I was forever losing food through the holes when I got really Eggcited.

As for quality of construction, I'm sure it will be as good as the previous versions. They are as solid as a rock. It's a good lifetime investment that comes in real handy when you want something griddled. The price is good too.

As a side note, I saw a cheap reproduction of a Griddle Q on the sale rack in one of those high-in chef stores yesterday. $29. Looked nice but the solid feel and look just wasn't there. They fact that someone else is trying to enter the market with a cheap knockoff tells me the Griddle Q set the standard for an accessory that greatly expands the use of gas, electric and charcoal grills.

Hope it comes out soon so you can buy one and become the resident Round Griddle Q Eggspert and on-scene reporter who shows photos of your efforts.

Spring "Waiting Too" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Their new avaliable date is now mid to late Aug. :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    ha ha you have been bugging them too :)
  • berrygood
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, Spring. You're okay for a Texan.
  • berrygood
    Options
    milesofsmiles wrote:
    Their new avaliable date is now mid to late Aug. :)
    You are the man, Miles.
  • berrygood
    Options
    Mainegg wrote:
    ha ha you have been bugging them too :)
    Yes, I'm a pest. Apparently, I haven't been as effective as Miles, though.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Only down side is the round Q is made from the thiner material like the "sizzle" line and not built like the other griddle models.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Darian, that explains the lower price as I would have thought a round one would be more labor intensive than square one. Oh well I'll keep putting round Hodags on my square Griddle-Q!
    IMG_0239.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.