Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Eggrolls and Stuffed Fritos

Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,965
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had alot of leftover pulled pork so I decided to make some eggrolls and stuffed fritos.

I used wonton wrappers, placed the pork and some cabbage and a little BBQ sauce inside and rolled em up.

P7123140.jpg

Fried them in some oil on the mini til crispy:

P7123157.jpg

P7123158.jpg

They were yummy, dipped them in some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

I also made some stuffed fritos, using the pulled pork and some with home smoked ham.

A friend of mine bought a 13 lb. boiled ham from GFS and said it had no taste whatsoever. I told him I would egg it up and give it some taste!

I didn't realize that ham was square in shape! I cut it into 5 pieces and put some cajun seasoning on it and smoked it with apple wood for 5 hours.

Here it is and it's still ugly looking:

P7103139.jpg

But now at least it tastes better. We filled some frito scoops with it, added a mango pineapple pepper sauce and some cheese. The others were filled with pulled pork, BBQ sauce and cheese. I sprinkled some Dizzy Pig on top.

This is kinda alot for just 2 people:

P7123142.jpg

On the mini they go:

P7123146.jpg

P7123147.jpg

I grilled some veggies and some romaine for a salad, so yes, there was one healthy item on the menu!

Faith
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Faith did you close the lid with the eggrolls and if so, what size is the pan with the handle cut off?
    I forgot to add: WOW that looks good....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• It's an 8 inch skillet, and yes, I closed the lid. Thanks!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    What a great imagination! They both look wonderful. You may have a new party favor come superbowl time. Delightfully different.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    You have done it again Faith, that looks wonderful. I love your imaginative ideas :)
    I am trying something new with leftovers as we speak. We had some augratin potatoes made with shredded potatoes over the weekend. I thought some of the leftovers might make good ABT's, so I made up a few and just put them on with a fattie and a tenderloin cured for canadian bacon. B)
    I'll get some pics and post them if they are any good!

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Wow!! Those are both great ideas. I was looking for some finger food ideas to go with sliders and ABT's. Thanks :)
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Deelicious and creative as always....
    ;):) :laugh:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Great idea with the Eggrolls Faith, and they look delish.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    The egg rolls look great Faith. Neat idea for leftovers! What kind of oil did you use to fry? Peanut or Canola?
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Faith, as is so often the case when I read one of your posts, I want to drive down there & have dinner at your house. But then again, I'm always afraid Pat might show up & eat everything first (he's got a big appetite for a little man) :laugh:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Faith that is a great use for the PP.I made those for my family get together at Easter,using the leftover slaw and they were a huge hit.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Mark, I used canola oil.

Faith

• highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    Fantastic Faith! looks awesome. I definately want to try those eggrolls some time!
  • highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    Fantastic Faith! looks awesome. I definately want to try those eggrolls some time!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i have a friend that loves to buy those hams :sick:

i will tell him what you did and see what he says

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bente, it's a difference of night and day. I don't know why anyone would buy a boiled ham!

Faith

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Love how your cooks are all over the board!! Way to keep the menu changing!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!WOW!I LOVE eggrolls! the other stuff looked yummy too! :)
  • Thanks, Hoss and everyone.

Oh, forgot to say - you have to brush a little water on the edges of the wonton wrapper to get it to stick together.

Faith

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Bet they would be EGGcellent with Loney!!!
  • I agree with that, Richard!

Faith

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Nice cook there Faith! :)

I am sure your neighbor will be grateful that he salvaged and egghanced his ham (or whatever that square thing is supposed to be).

The stuffed fritos look fabulous. I do believe you've influenced Ricahrd, in that I expect to see a post of Stuffed loney fritos soon. :lol: :laugh: :lol:
  • Faith the eggrolls look outstanding. What temp and how much canola oil in the 8 inch skillet, fry time as well Thanks for your help