Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Haddock Recipe

Options
Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Would love to do some haddock on the EGG tomorrow night. Anyone have any good recipes for doing this fish on Humpty???Thanks a bunch from up here in Maine!!

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Doug,[p]Have never grilled Haddock, but take a look at the recipe I posted for salmon steaks. Could be good on haddock. Is haddock a stong or mild fish. I think the seasoning should compliment the fish.[p]Smokey

[ul][li]Salmon Steaks[/ul]
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Doug,
    This was in our newspaper a few weeks ago,i have not tried it but it sounds good.
    YB[p][p] Citrus-grilled Ahi[p] 1 cup orange juice
    1 cup grapefruit juice
    1/4 cup lime juice
    1/2 cup dry sherry
    1 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 pounds ahi, swordfish or mahi
    mahi, cut into steaks
    1 tablespoon paprika
    1 lime or lemon (for garnishing)[p]
    Servings: 4[p] Combine the citrus juices, sherry, thyme, cayenne and salt in a shallow baking
    dish. Add the fish and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, turning the steaks after 2
    hours. Preheat the grill until the coals are gray to white. Remove the fish from
    the marinade. Lightly oil the grill and place the fish over the heat. Lightly sprinkle
    paprika over the fish. Turn after 5 to 7 minutes. Continue grilling for 5 to 7
    minutes more, or until the fish is opaque in the center. Remove the fish to warm
    plates and serve immediately. Garnish with lime or lemon wedges.

• Eponda
    Eponda Posts: 21
    Options
    Doug,
    Here's one way I've cooked haddock on the BGE. I brush the skinless fillets with some canola oil and then rub in some Old Bay crab boil spice mix(available at Shop & Save). Put three fire bricks on the grill and put the fish on a fish grate, the kind with the small holes so it won't fall through, place the fish and grate top of a drip pan, and the drip pan on the bricks. Cook at 400 for 10 minutes or so. A couple of chunks of alder, golf ball size, will add some flavor. This would work for a whole fish as well, just adjust cooking time. Add a little fresh lemon juice when serving. [p]Nice to have it a little warmer here for outdoor cooking. Nothing like a some smoke to thin out the black flies.