Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gotta get a small one!!!

Options
Huck
Huck Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I've posted before about this problem and am still looking for a solution. I want a small green egg but don't relish paying %50 of the cost of the egg for shipping from what is the nearest dealer (Texas) that has one. I'm in Bakersfield, California. Anyone know of a long haul trucker that's coming this way?[p]

Comments

• Huck,
    Hey Huck, I cant remember who, but somebody posted
    on SongDogs forum, might even of been SongDog hisself,
    last week or so that he found some
    guy in San Fransisco that sell the small for $229
    I think. It could be worth the drive for you, I dont
    know. I'm in Phoenix and I couldn't find a small for
    nothing, so I know what your going through.
    Dylan

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    Options
    Huck,[p]I ran into the same problem here in Phoenix. What I did was talk to the BBQ's Galore people and got them to order a small BGE for me. They will put it on the next truck shipment they get grom BGE, that way I won't have to pay shipping charges. I am going to put it on layaway.[p]Good luck

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    Options
    Q.N.E. tyme,[p]Have BBQ Galore folks order you a small one to be put on the next truck shipment they get from BGE.[p]Also, American Charcoal - around 31st ave and Thomas, sells 40 pound bags of mesquite lump for 9 buck.[p]BBQ-BoB

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Huck,
    The dealer I work with here in Kansas has the small for $205.00 + tax. I've got a load of plant food going to San Luis Obispo in mid - late Feb. If you can't find anything before that, I could put it in the 'sleeper' on the semi and get it out to you! I'm still trying to make arrangements on the load, but I see no problem. If that would work for you, hollar back! I saw the earlier post, but you don't have a profile, so I had no idea where you were at.[p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, Way to go Dave! Also noted your e.mail and your input output problem with the server. It would have to be a server thing IMHO! Good luck with it!
    C~W[p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    Would you believe..........Naw that wouldn't happen?........It was another BGE'er trying to send me pretty pictures! It over loaded the system! Furst time fer everythin'! The service guy was beside himself!!! Took nearly 20 minutes on the phone wid 'em ta get da dern thang fixeded![p]Dr. Chicken

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Dr. Chicken, I have relatives sending me large format scanner pics, and they time out my server. I have had to restart em several times to get em thru the wringer.
    We just need faster modems maybe??
    Cheers..C~W[p]

• Dr. Chicken
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I agree! What do they expect, when something you buy this afternoon, is obsolete before you get it home! The guy on the service line was stressed out to the max![p]Dr. Chicken