Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egg\'ers First Attempt

SwanthoSwantho Posts: 23
edited 1:33PM in EggHead Forum
Finally did it! I picked up a new large Egg yesterday afternoon!! Couldn't sleep last night planning Sunday's test menu! Went with Beer-Can Chicken... two brined 5lb'ers with plenty of Cow Town rub. I wasted no grill space by adding a dozen, or so, organic drums that I tossed in Frank's Red Hot Original wing sauce. The chicken and the wings were spot-on.

4784658234_c2ca728e5d.jpg
·

Comments

• ChubbyChubby Posts: 2,790
    Welcome aboard!!

Your tag line...it's the best all of us mooks can hope for!!

That's why we cook...lol!!
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Congratulations on both the Egg and the cook. Looks wonderful!
    ·
  • guzzijasonguzzijason Posts: 143
    Welcome to the cult, err... club!

__Jason
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,393
    Congrats and welcome!! Nice first cook!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Congrats! Birds look good. Keep posting pic's aand Grillin & Chillin!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Welcome to the site and good job on the chicken cook.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Swantho, welcome aboard and that's a mightly fine first cook. :) From you're last line, it seems as if you invested well in an egg, lol.
    ·
  • NC-CDNNC-CDN Posts: 703
    Welcome. Looks like you're off to a great start. Enjoy the many, many years of service your EGG will give you.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,266
    Welcome to our world. What part of it do you come from?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • popagar0popagar0 Posts: 136
    looks great keep on eggin :laugh:
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Nice job. I am also a new Egg owner(10 days)and you won't find a more supportive group than here.
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Looking good!
    ·
  • krickskricks Posts: 244
    Well done sir! And welcome to the forum.
    ·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    looks good, she won't be cooking for a lonnnnnnngggggggg time.
    :woohoo:
    ·