Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ideas for pork loin this weekend

Options
HAWKEYEGG
HAWKEYEGG Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife bought a pork loin for me to cook this weekend. What are some good recipes to cook this. Thanks for your input in advance.

Comments

• PattyO
    PattyO Posts: 883
    Options
    I saw this on BBQ-U last week and plan to make it. I'll probably substitute cognac for the whiskey.
    http://bbqu.net/season3/311_4.html
    PattyO
  • Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Options
    In memory of CWM , hoping that all responses will be using recipes that Mike had provided to us over all these years. His speciality was ribs everywhich way. Here is a Loin one anyway:

I don't cook that many pork loins. I would ask other forum members. When I do. I stuff with cashews/apricot preserves and wrap in bacon. Cook 250 indirect.
    Mike
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Go on the search forum and type in "pork roulade". It is terrific, has a lot of "WOW" factor, and is not near as hard as it looks. :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC00289crjpg.jpg

I've been playing with a lite brine on loin roasts and thick chops I've cut from loins. I brine them for about 3 hours, rest in the fridge for 1 hour, crust with rub, and grill until the internal is around 145°.

Here is the brine recipe

1 quart of water
    0.875 ounces of salt (7/8 of an ounce)
    1 teaspoon (minimum) of brown or maple sugar

DSC00410a.jpg

DSC00415ac.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery