Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

table question

Options
chumdog
chumdog Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
buying a large egg and had a question about the stand. i want to construct a table based on plans from the website. i know the green egg tables are made of cypress, but i wanted to know what the eggheads out there used. any tips or suggestions. thanks a bunch!!!

Comments

• Pilcher Man
    Options
    I used wolmanized 2x4's with 4x4 legs. Also used 1x4's on the under shelf and granite for the top. There are fancier tables out there, but mine was inexpensive and strong.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Western red cedar is a good choice, untreated pine is OK if you seal/varnish it real well, treated lumber is not good around food, but you can use it for the frame with a granite or tile top.

Cypress is still probably the best choice, especially if you are anywhere in the south where it is readily available and cheap B) I have three, all cypress :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL