Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

With all due respect

WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This tragic event that faces us as of late has just proven to me something I thought was lost..the "Egg Family" as clouded as it is these days still stands amazingly strong....I have spent countless hours on the phone with forum members who no longer post, but still surfaced when one of our own has an issue..and I can only hope you newbies slow down long enough to feel the love..instead of bitchin about not getting an answer or the format of the forum...just slow down long enough to grasp the "people"..and put your own laziness and arrogance aside....take us all for who we are and what we have to offer..life's to short for anything else..and this is the greatest family you will ever know..

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Wess:

Amen about this being a great "family"!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• UT Smokey
    UT Smokey Posts: 17
    I have only been here a few weeks and I can see exactly what you are talking about. I never got the chance to know cwm but it is obvious he was a great guy just judging from the love that is shown in many cases by people that only knew him through a message board.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Luv ya brother
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Well said, Wess! Too bad it takes a tragedy like this to remind us how fortunate we are.......
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Amen Brother!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    You said it so perfectly brother! While it is the grate, lump, and ceramics that brought us all together, but that fusion that bonded us can never be broken.
    It was so great to talk to Sally and yourself after all this time.
    We will ALWAYS be a family...as strong as they come.
    ST
  • Our moms told us - "You can't pick your family, but you get to pick your friends". Isn't it great that our friends picked us, through owning an egg, or meeting us at an eggfest, or even through a computer forum such as this. WE ARE LUCKY.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Some of the best people I know I met through this forum. If you would of told me that would happen 10 years ago I would of said you were crazy
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    We are all brothers by different mothers.

RIP JJ, Kenny G, and now C W M...and when each of us pass may we share a space somewhere in the hearts of fellow eggers.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • cookn biker
    I really agree with you Pat!! Life long friends.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    I concur. I have made some of my best friends here. And my 6 year old daughter has made very good friends with a few of their kids. She asks about them often and gets to see them fairly often also.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Well spoken Wess. This is such a great family and something like this puts all the petty crap in focus. Tania and I have enjoyed every fest we've been, have always met some new eggers and absolutely enjoyed seeing old friends.

Good food fits in there somewhere. Last year in Atl it was getting a few CWM ribs brought over to us in trade for some of our strawberry shortcake. Taking care of fellow cooks is a priority ;)
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Wise words indeed. I've lurked for years. I've learned so much, watched folks come and go - read heated exchanges, somehow learned who the good guys are. I can't explain how I feel - I want to read every post about CWM. I even noted RTD's posts (what an amazing cook) - there is so much talent and love on this forum. I keep thinking about scripturs - "be still and listen"...

God's peace to all.
  • cookn biker
    Ahhhh, good....
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Well said, Wess. I haven't personally met anyone on this forum, but I still feel like this forum as family. I have been very surprised at the sense of loss I have felt as a result of CWM's passing. I really think it has something to do with realizing that there are real people behind our screen names.
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Thanks, Wess. Well said and very appropriate at this time that we all feel such a loss.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Ain't THAT the TRUTH! :)B)
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    I agree Wess. So sad that it takes a tradegy like this to remind us. This here say "family" is more of a family to us...and to many, than they will ever have. There is love, and compassion, and understanding. What a few eggfests can do.....it sometimes takes a lifetime to acheive....
    love to everyone.....

desert filly
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    A loud and long AMEN to that Wess!
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    I am one of those newer forum members, but I personally love the diversity of the answers provided. I have not seen a post on the boards that has been snarky until it is provoked then the response is typically one of the long term members swooping in to protect the original poster, just like a family.

I did not have the honor of conversing with Mike but have benefitted from his wisdom and the many references to his posts. Much like I have not know many members of family but I have still benefitted from what they have done.

This is the only forum that I check in on, on a daily basis and it is for the fact of the family feel and the level of respect each person posting is given. I remember logging in the other night and learning that Mike had left us, the sadness of losing a member of the family and also seeing the level of support that the members were giving each other as we each worked through this change.

I agree with Wess' comment we are a family here, sometimes family members move away and we lose contact with them until there is a tragic event. Thank you all for adopting me into the family I have been truly blessed.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Well stated Wess, we love each other, our eggs & food. Hope all is well for you & Sally.
  • Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    No amount of money can buy true friends nor can you put a value on them. We have always been proud to be a part of the EGG FAMILY. The ride we have been on the last year has truly shown the value of our local family,our Egg Family, and our BBQ Family. Our Blessings and Thanks to All.

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Times.

Ms.Diane and Poppasam
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Wess you are so right on this.
    Very well put and thank you.
    I think Mike would be smileing at Pete and Tim on the mini-table the other day.
    This is a very special family and we will all miss Mike.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    It's been a tough week, but have heard from guys like CharWoody who I haven't visited with in a long while. It's really good to see old honorary (or is it ornery?) Texans like you reappear, also.

Best to you, My Friend.

LR
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Well phrased Wess. Maybe this tragedy can also return the Forum to the level of civility it once maintained, rather than the cheap shot then hide off-line attitude some now exhibit all to frequently these days. CWM will be missed, but I imagine he missed the old forum before his untimely departure.
  • Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    Thanks for that, WessB! Well said!!
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Very well put Wess,in every family there is bickering and at the the end of the day Everyone in this family would run through a wall to help each other out.Mike ran through many a wall and is still running (Even God needs help with ribs sometimes.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Love right backatcha my ya-ya sister. I'm so happy you are a part of my "family".
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA