Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first butt wheres my digi?

Options
smoker62
smoker62 Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put a 9# Boston Butt on at 4pm tonight. My first try. Mustard and a modified Bad Byrons rub. Got it set at 250 right now hoping for a late morning finish. I ordered a Diqi-q and it was supposed to be here UPS today. So here I sit at 4:48PM waiting patiently for my Q to arrive. I will feel much better when it gets here so I can sleep tonight. I have a surprise party at noon tomrrow for y sisters 50th bd. Hope the butt is done and will be followed by some awesome sausage and cream cheese stuffed portabellas, stuffed pork tenderloins , ABTs and wings. Plan on the egg going non stop from 45 minutes ago to sometime tomorrow night. OK, another beer and losing my patience. Dang thing better show up. :ermm:

Comments

• AnsonWilson
    Options
    smoker62 wrote:
    I put a 9# Boston Butt on at 4pm tonight. My first try. Mustard and a modified Bad Byrons rub. Got it set at 250 right now hoping for a late morning finish. I ordered a Diqi-q and it was supposed to be here UPS today. So here I sit at 4:48PM waiting patiently for my Q to arrive. I will feel much better when it gets here so I can sleep tonight. I have a surprise party at noon tomrrow for y sisters 50th bd. Hope the butt is done and will be followed by some awesome sausage and cream cheese stuffed portabellas, stuffed pork tenderloins , ABTs and wings. Plan on the egg going non stop from 45 minutes ago to sometime tomorrow night. OK, another beer and losing my patience. Dang thing better show up. :ermm:

That sucks! Let us know how it turns out!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hope it showed up for you, but you really don't need it. If you build the fire properly and stabilize well, the egg should hold temp all night without intervention.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• smoker62
    smoker62 Posts: 80
    Options
    It showed up at 7pm. I thought it was over but then the truck showed up. A quick read and install , set the temps and within 20 minutes it was cruising at 250 pit and the butt was 135. Left for a patio party , had my daughter home to check and call me if need be. I came home at 9:15 , pit 250, butt at 157. I think I will sleep ok tonight, maybe. ;) Have the ramp on in case it peaks before I wake up but it shouldnt by the time per # calcs.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    hahaha! Years ago, I stayed home from work one day, expecting a PC delivery from Dell. One of those deliveries that I had to sign for. Waited and waited. Finally, at literally 7PM, it showed up. They stop deliveries at 7. Sure was glad I wasted a vacation day!

Glad you're up and running! Good luck with your marathon cook!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut