Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First All Nighter,,,,,Wish me luck!

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had my large BGE a couple of months now and I visit the forum daily. Picked up some real good pointers here and so far everything I've done on the egg has been great, with the exception of that brisket, and I guess that'll take practice. Tonight is my first low and slow with a 7.25 pound Boston butt. The egg seems stable at 250 and I've loaded the butt with Byrons Butt Rub and I tooth picked some pepper cured bacon on top of the butt. All I need now is for all of you Eggers to do a little chant for me (to the Egg Gods I guess)and open another Silver Bullet!
Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• JimboBQ,
    Wow!! Just put a 7 pound butt on for my first all nighter as well. Mine went on at 9:50 eastern time. We'll see how the Labor Day Que comes out.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    oooh eee oooh ah ah ting thang walla walla bing bang
    oooh eee oooh ah ah ting thang walla walla bing bang.
    There...you have some protection! OTOH until you get the hang of the overnight cook you might want to set your alarm a time or two during the night to go out and check the dome temp.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    JimboBQ,[p]I've got a 12 lb brisket ready to go on. I poured on a ton of lump so it is taking a while to get up to 225, but should burn for a year or two once it gets there! Guru in place. Only cause of nerves is the plug the guru is plugged into keeps popping it's little reset button. I think some water got into one of the outside sockets. So far it's been steady for an hour which is more than it has in a long time, but I KNOW I'll be getting up again by midnight to peek at it. If it gives me trouble, I'll just have to drag the cord in the house and plug it in somewhere. Either way, I'm eating by 3! p.m. tomorrow, that is![p]mShark
  • JimboBQ
    Options
    RRP,
    Thanks! That's good advice. But I've got this thang going on that makes me get up several times a night anyway....if you know what I mean! I probably won't be able to sleep anyway. The pressure's on with lots of friends wanting to get in on the BBQ tomorow evening.......

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • JimboBQ
    Options
    Ryles,
    Another Newbie! It'll be fun growing into accomplished eggers tike TRex, WooDoggies and all the rest. Good luck on your first all nighter. We'll have to compare notes tomorrow.[p]Jimbo