Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is BGE a publicly traded company?

Options
schmeetex
schmeetex Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can you invest in the company that makes the Big Green Egg? I've got a feeling that they will be a very good investment.

SchmeeTex

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Nope, private.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    They are a good investment.. Probably why Mr. Fisher keeps it to himself and family :woohoo:

Plus when you are public you have to have a board and shareholders telling you how to run your company.. Eggheads would not like that!!!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Just curious why you would think the company would be a good investment.
  • Egghead-Sooner
    Options
    Boy it would be interesting to see their financials! Recently read an article someone posted here on the forum that said BGE sold 20,000- 30,000 eggs each year! That's around 20 million in revenue each year not even considering eggcessories and other non-egg items sold! But I would agree that if they where to have an IPO i would consider buying a few shares of the company. Seems their popularity is only growing from a grass roots level and they seem to be making leeway on the national level with advertising campaigns and appearances on tv shows like Jimmy Kimmell and Pit Masters on TLC.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Yea, but revenue means nothing without knowing the other side of the equation. And if the financials are strong there would be no reason for an IPO. Strong profitability almost always excludes the need for an IPO, which is usually a way to recapitalize and raise substantial amounts of operating capital.

I blindly agree it is probably a very strong company and would be a good investment, but those very reasons probably prevent it from ever being a potential investment.
  • NotabuttDave
    NotabuttDave Posts: 181
    Options
    I agree with Fidel, they are too small to be publicly traded, at least for me.

Besides, for what I paid for my Egg, I feel like I bought part of the company.

Love the Egg!