Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

newbie alert!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hi folks.[p]I've been grillin' for a long while now (years); but for some reason I've decided to get into smoking; and the spouse didn't say no![p](lemme see, I'm doing the cookin' now... ok I think I figgered it out). [p]I spent a month reviewing everything available on the web, and wound up (today) ordering the bge and a huge bunch of accessories, which I expect to receive in a week. D*mn!; the web must work! Gotta say it's a bunch cheaper than buyin' locally.[p]I've spent awhile enjoying perusin' the archives, and I'll be the first to let you know when I've encountered my first real problem :)[p]yours aye,
smokin'

Comments

• FatDog
    FatDog Posts: 164
    d. easton,
    Don't wait for problems before you post again or it may be a long while before we hear from you again! Congrats on the new egg ... and welcome to the cult, er, I mean the group!

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    d. easton,[p]Wecome Dewd![p]John

• d. easton,
    Welcome aboard! God help you if your egg comes broken, hopefully its common carrier. Support your local dealer, he will support when you need it most. Try getting that out of a website.

• trout16,
    thanks for the warning. I read the caveats; open it before you sign is the bottom line. If it's cracked, you refuse the shipment and they send you another free.[p]I've visited one local dealer who was nice enough, a great place if you don't mind spending $1000 for patio furniture or $500+ for pottery, but the no tax (9% here) and free shipping made the deal for me. The entire package with nest and a pile of accessories was less than I'd get the egg and nest alone for here.[p]I've got my fingers crossed, and will be waiting with baited breath for Fedex ground to show up at the door. I expect the packaging from BGE folks to be up to snuff with the quality of their product. If it comes cracked I'll eat the first brisket cold (or my hat)... and refuse the shipment.