Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CarWash Regrets

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
About 10 days ago, I missed an evening call and short message from Mike. I didn't get it until the next day. And although he didn't ask for a return call; I regret not making it. Lately I've allowed life's distractions and a load of work at the day job take center stage. I haven't even returned some of Chubby's calls, either. I will from now on, even though it will get expensive.

It's a tough way to realize missed opportunities. Mike and I actually met only twice face to face, but were close from a long way away for the past 8 years. We were his family, and I hope he knew that I loved him... just wished I had gotten around to telling him.

One of the first times I ever felt the wrath of CWM was in 2002 when I posted this picture and gave him crap for his "famous" Onion Burger. I would bring it out periodically just to get his goat.

Miss you, Buddy.

BuddyLawn..

ob1.jpg

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Thanks for the chuckle, I needed it. -RP
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    No regrets.. just take it as a life lesson... as we all should. we do get wrapped up in stuff and let things slide and make choices that that when we look back we wish we could do over. but I am sure there are many times that you have no idea that you helped someone with a simple call or post that needed it. we all need to pass it on and hope that when the time comes that we are done egging and posting and gone on to what ever better place we believe in, that there is as much love and joy in the memories we leave behind. Mike would not want ANYONE to beat them selves up with what if's... I posted just yesterday morning on his facebook page that I had not heard from him...maybe if I had responded to his post Sunday I might have made a difference. we will never know.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Very true Julie!!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Beautiful Mike, this is the real Mike!!! TKS for your friendship
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Options
    Lawn Ranger wrote:
    We were his family, and I hope he knew that I loved him... just wished I had gotten around to telling him.

Check Mike's recent posts. You and your family were the subject of his last post to the forum.

I think he knew.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Mike, Julie, and THE MIKE…..
    Friendships are special anywhere, here on the forum even more so as you share yourself and your time with someone you may not even meet in person.
    Only face to face once with THE MIKE and only 2 or 3 times on the phone. Many, many times on the forum. I did very much like Mike each time we crossed paths.
    This is rambling but I am surprised by the effect this news is having on me.
    MIKE I will miss you and thank you for all you did for me and all of us that has this egg in common.
    Guys thanks for giving me a place to say this.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    He would be smiling now seeing your post. Don't have any regrets. He would not have wanted that.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Mike,
    I caught wrath from CWM several years ago because he thought I was slamming you - which I wasn't! I had begun to notice a curious little pile of sawdust on my table every time I went to use it.
    IMG_1852.jpg

In conversing with you you suggested my handle may well have had some beetle larva that had been munching away inside. So I unbolted it and in fact found these little roads! A quick nuke in the microwave ended their burrowing careers!
    IMG_1855.jpg

When I posted this thread Mike jumped to your defense saying you would not have sold infested wood etc - later he calmed down and all was cool and we would laugh about my worms!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    Options
    no, but my only regret is we never met...we talked about it time, time and again.....
    i'll miss seeing his name in the on-line column.......
    damn
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Mike, at times like these many feel regret about a single opportunity missed. Instead, feel joy in all the opportunities taken. You were a real friend to CWM. One that I'm sure he cherished. Enjoy your memories.
  • Scott in Seattle
    Options
    I wish I had met CWM just once, if only to tell him thank you for the grilling my family has enjoyed.
    Sometimes, you just have to believe there is a reason, a plan, that folks leave us.
    Thoughts for Mike's family and friends.
    Scott
    scott
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Sometimes, you just have to believe there is a reason, a plan, that folks leave us.