Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Damn I'm sad

AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
edited 3:16AM in EggHead Forum
Miss you already. -RP

Comments

• Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Along with a bunch of us.
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 751
    Ditto that, but you know he would want us to get over it and celebrate life. We need to do a mass Internet rib cook this weekend or something. Just a thought...
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Yeah, we are having a big BBQ Sunday for about 25 people, I thought I would switch from butts to ribs in honor of Mike, but already bought the butts. Sorry Mike. -RP
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I hear ya.
    Dennis did you see your pic below? -RP
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Butts freeze well..
    Mike would understand. -RP
    I did. Angela sent me emails at work to call her and she told me the news. I've got a lot of running to do tomorrow.... I'll call you if your up to it.
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    I just returned from out of town, such sad, sad news. Thoughts & prayers with his family, friends and extended BGE family.
  • bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    i'm still in shock......damn sad.
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Basscat wrote:
    Ditto that, but you know he would want us to get over it and celebrate life. We need to do a mass Internet rib cook this weekend or something. Just a thought...

i started a thread on that. lots of people already in on it. i also posted his quick rib cook method he posted a few weeks ago.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=921026&catid=1

cheers.
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,539
    Randy, I'm sad too. I will miss "messing with him" about his curly hair. If it helps you find peace, he posted on his Facebook page on July 4th that he finally felt contented....may he rest in peace.
    Judy
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
    I saw that too, said he was Far Away. -RP
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    yea we all miss him randy!!!

but we all have a ton of pictures here are two of my favorites

DSCN1196.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

i hope they show up i have been having problems with this album

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Good times.....my kids keep asking when we can go back to Atlanta.
    if you remember i keep asking the same question :laugh:

i hope to see you this year i want some of that chicken again ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

I'll be in Nelsonville Ohio at a competition again that weekend. We're cooking one locally this weekend.

Mike was always the first person I called after awards to tell him if I sucked or not :(
    good luck on both comps

i guess i will have to look up your recepie and make it when it gets cooler ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Here is a picture of you and Mike...Wish it was a little bigger.

Larry

lwOctober08047.jpg
    where am i???

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb