Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

VERY!! Old BGE For Sale

Grillin & ChillinGrillin & Chillin Posts: 733
edited 12:59PM in EggHead Forum
BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
·

Comments

• edbroedbro Posts: 297
    I've never heard of a BGE using an electric spit. Or, why you would even need one.
    ·
  • RichardFL bought one just like that for $10 at an estate sale. He restored it beautifully and uses it for low heat cooks.

Faith
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,837
    Yes I paid $10 for it, but by the time I had all the metal sandblasted and repainted it the cost was more like $150. Yes there was an attachment for a spit, front to back and grooves in the base for it, also had been modified for a propane burner to sit in the bottom.

IMG_0687.jpg

Handle says "TEN BUCKS"

KAMADOFINISHED100_2579.jpg
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Definately not worth $250, IMO.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    I'd offer $25.00
    ·