Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

passing of carwashmike

Comments

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    I am new to this forum but Mike was one of the first to welcome me. Very sad
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I was just posting the same thing about not calling Chip, I am devastated. Rest in peace Mike, you are one of the very best friends I ever had. -RP
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
  • Very sad - cooked next to Mike at a couple fests. Great guy who will be missed.

God Bless CWM and prayers for his family
  • god dammit....

i'm sorry. but that's the first thing that comes to mind. please don't let it be true. and then it is.

i never met mike, but we conversed via email a few times, talked on the phone, worked on some stuff together.... one of the first 'famous' egghead forum guys i ever met or talked to in "real life".

what a waste.

some offer prayers, and i admire that it works for them. i curse at nothing in particular. and it doesn't work. i tend to think maybe those that pray are on to something.

he has been through a lot. he didn't deserve any of the ire he was fed... i know he love kaeligh with all his heart. at least there's some hope that he's with her.

but god damn it all...
    rest in peace buddy. i thought things were turned around, or at least turning.

stike
  • Odd? Noticed Car Wash Mike was signed on.....moments ago he was signed off????? How could this be he was signed on?
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    God bless Mike and his family. Never met him, but used his advice several times to help me cook. He seemed to have a generous soul.
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    I would say removed out of respect by the webmasters..
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Whoa! So sorry to hear this. Rest in peace, my friend.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Thank you for verifying. Very sad indeed. Only met him once, he was a good soul, and will be sorely missed
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

In the past a few members claim they can sign on as different existing forum member.

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Thanks for the info.
    He was loved by many and helped so many!!
    Speachless...
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • i first go to know mike through this forum when i became an egghead 8 or 9 years ago now. ... not sure why we 'clicked' but we did ....maybe because we both had special needs kids at the time, he with kaleigh, me with my son sam who was undergoing various surgeries at the time for cleft palate issues. . . .for what ever reason we took up a long distance relationship/friendship which benefited both of us outside of egging and food.. . a bunch of us started a 'kaleigh fan club', we made her our poster child here on the forum for a number of years ... got lawn ranger to make her a very mobile with a whole bunch of our egghead names on it and how much mike appreciated it. . .and mike gave my son a gift of his own micky mantle autographed baseball, a gift that sam will cherish for the rest of his life, even though he's never met (and now never will) mike face to face.. .mike just liked sam from what he'd heard about him through me, and that was good enough for him to pass that baseball down to my son, a gesture i'll never forget!! . . .and he loved sydney as well and she loved him (enough that he is one of the few people to ever receive the top secret brownie recipe which will now rest with him). . .we may have had some differences on some topics, but the bonds we forged through those children were fast and firm and couldn't be broken no matter what!. . .

i hope whatever demons caused this early passing have now left you mike and that you can rest in peace. .. i'll miss you brother. ..

max
  • oh, man! that is sad news

i feel fortunate to have known him
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Chip, thank you for letting everyone know this. I am so sorry to hear it.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    nm

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    All I can say is I'm stunned! Just loged on to send a quick PM and saw this. Kept hoping as I read down the thread it was a sick joke but apparantly not. Never meet him in person but would respond to my post and his all the time. A sad day for all but especially his close friends and family. Rest in peace Mike and prayers for your loved ones. :(
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Just saw st!ke's post above - I too hope...

From the very beginning Mike has been kind enough to help, telephone and email, with egg help and non egg help.

I very much enjoyed talking about Kaeligh and going's on.

May God be with Mike and his family.

Kent & Shelagh
  • 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Met him in Omaha he was a great guy he will be greatly missed
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

What a shock! Mike, we never met face to face but our paths crossed many times here on the forum and it was always a pleasure. You were right up there on the top of my "I've gotta meet" list. Rest in peace Mike, you will be missed.

Blair

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Atlanta Eggtoberfest was always so hectic we rarely had time to visit, but being with Mike in Plano last year was so much fun. We joked about his curly hair growing out and he even made sure the curls were sticking out of his bandana on his restaurant logo because of this.....I will miss him very much....rest in peace....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    AWWW MAN!SAD SAD news ,but thanks for letting us know. :( Prayers to the family.R.I.P. CWM.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Every once in a while we are fortunate to meet someone who, despite their own problems, are quick to jump in to help others. I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of Eggheads who have benefitted from Mike's timely and very much appreciated help, and will continue to do so for years in the future. Count me among that group.

There are also a lot of us who have known Mike for years and feel that we shared a friendship that mushroomed from a common joy, the Big Green Egg. Count me among that group too.

The first time I met Mike was in Atlanta and my first reaction was that he was not nearly as tall as I thought him to be, and I told him so. He said, "Well just how tall do you want me to be?" We laughed about it many times since then.

It was an easy frienship. I will miss him.

Spring "You Were Always Plenty Tall Enough Mike. Rest In Peace" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • No Yolk
    No Yolk Posts: 42
    After you reunite with your daughter on the Other Side, keep a watchful eye on all us Eggers. You will be sorely missed and we will think of you each time we cook ribs. if only we could make them like you did...
  • eggbasket
    eggbasket Posts: 111
    This is such a shock. We enjoyed knowing Mike and sharing friendly KSU, KU banters. He was always so helpful and made laughing easy. We made his rib recipe just this weekend! When we do ribs we ask..."what would Mike do?"
    Rest easy guy!
  • AuntieEgger
    AuntieEgger Posts: 258
    So sorry to hear this sad news. My prayers are with CWM his family and Friends.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Beautiful tribute, Leroy.

I wish I had met him.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    His sister has mentioned seeing the forum posts. If they were at his house using his computer that would explain it.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    thanks for the smile Leroy
    I can see you saying it and hear him with that response.... I kinda vaguely recall that. He must have told me about it.
  • kmellecker
    kmellecker Posts: 332
    What a shock. Although I am fairly new to Egging and never had the pleasure of meeting Mike, I always found his remarks and suggestions on the Forum informative and always helpful. May he rest in peace.