Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Pork Mustard/Rub

EggerinMOEggerinMO Posts: 47
edited 8:23AM in EggHead Forum
Ok which do I apply first.... Mustard or Rub? This is my first Boston Butt it is 7lbs planning on around 2 - 2.5 hours per pound at 225-235 I am already getting hungry

• eggerinMO,
    Mustard first then the rub. It helps the rub to stay on. I have tried is a few times and couldn't detect any real difference, so I don't use mustard anymore, but good luck with it.[p]Brews

• South O,[p]Same here. I used to use mustard on the pp, but don't anymore (although I still use it for my ribs).
  • Tony,[p]WOW thanks for the quick responce..

• eggerinMO,
    I put the rub on several hours in advance, then slather the musterd right before putting it on the grill.....