Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig rub and sauce match for ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,
I'm going to smoke some spares with Nature Boy's all purpose rub. What would be a nice BBQ sauce that would pair with it? Can you post the recipie as well? I feel like I'm matching food and wine but his rub is that good![p]Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    BobM,[p]I always reach for the Bone Suckin Sauce found most everywhere these days. It is hard to beat.[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BobM,
    Actually that all purpose dust is Mike (Qfan's) creation, but all the same thanks for the comments! Much appreciated. [p]What style of sauce do you like? We are still playing with sauce recipes, and have not settled on a winner yet, but for a nice treat, try the Blues Hog sauce (you can find it at Hawgeyes.com). Head Country is good also, and even a simple easy to find sauce like Sweet Baby Rays goes real nice on Dizzy Dusted ribs.[p]Look forward to seeing the other responses here.
    Cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Dr_Redwine
    Options
    BobM,
    I always make my own. I had the same idea the other day about 'pairing' the sauce to the rub, so I simply added a little Dizzy Dust into my sauce recipe. [p]I sweat a small onion and two cloves of garlic in about a tsp of Veg. Oil, add about a 1/2 cup of brown sugar, tsp lemon juice, about 1/2 cup of R.Wine Vinegar, 1/3 cup Worchestershire, and enough ketchup to get consistency I want. Usually I overshoot the ketchup, so I cut it with more vinegar and sometimes more lemon juice. Taste it as you go and shake in the dizzy dust to taste at the end. Don't boil it either, just heat it to bring together and remove from heat. Good stuff if you want red sauce.[p]Good Luck,
    DrR

• Dr_Redwine
    Options
    Dr_Redwine,
    BTW, the onion and garlic are finely minced first....

• Thanks very much for all your comments and suggestions. Much appreciated!