Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie table question....

Options
tsbrady
tsbrady Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
just got a medium egg yesterday and bought the extra long table from the dealer for the egg, problem is with 3" pavers under the egg I can only open the top half way before the hindge/spring assembly hits the top of the table. I added 2" pavers to the 3" pavers and it clears. the one in the dealers showroom did not have this issue and the dealer is clueless whay I am having this issue. I have a call in to BGE and they have not called back.Anybody have an idea why this is happening?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Table must be a couple inches higher than his store table. The specs lowered the table a few inches when that new hinge came out but people still use some of the old plans. Ask him if 2 different people made the tables for him. Also make sure you have your green feet under it when on the 3" pavers
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • tsbrady
    Options
    Thanks for the reply grillin, i don't have the feet under the 3" pavers but I do have 2" pavers stacked on top of the 2" so I have an overall hight of about 5" off the bottom shelf.
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi T.S.B.
    Me personally I think it's best to use the feet no matter what application as that is how the original design of the BGE was intended and it most importantly allows air circulation. You may want to try the feet and might eliminate the need for the 2nd set of pavers.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • tsbrady
    Options
    I will give it a try, Thanks again for the info
  • Adult ADHD
    Adult ADHD Posts: 150
    Options
    Are the legs upside down? You will definetely have more storage this way, so you may just want to add pavers or build a wood stand to go under the pavers.
    We built our table and had the same problem from we lowering the shelf.
  • tsbrady
    Options
    stacking the pavers seem to solve the problem. i was concerned because the one at the dealers showroom didn't have this issue so i thought I was doing something wrong. I will try the feet unser the 3" pavers as Grillin suggested, it would have been nice if the dealer told me in advance!
  • BuffaloBrewer
    Options
    what is the distance between the 2 shelves (top of top to top of bottom)? For a medium the mothership's plan shows 13". [url=http://www.biggreenegg.com/documents/tableplansMedium.pdf[/url]