Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weekend Rib Competition

Ripnem
Ripnem Posts: 5,511
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My good buddy Scott and I entered a little rib competition over the weekend, up in the north-woods and really had a blast. The contest organizers had told us we would be cooking Babybacks....they brought around Grandpabacks :ohmy: these things had bones 1 1/4" wide and the racks spanned about 24 inches long. :pinch: It became man v pig more than man v man. The event was to feed the masses, of which were also the judges. All our competitors cooked all the ribs at once (15+/- racks) we decided to do them in 3 batches, to keep fresh ones coming throughout the day.

Oh, we won too by the way. B) Special thanks to Dizzy Pig rubs and Carnivore sauce for your great products. My favorite comments from the other guys "I make my own" :P suityourself :whistle:

A few pics
da660422.jpg
IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0672.jpg
02b93e79.jpg
IMG_0669.jpg
49002d04.jpg
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0678.jpg
Notice the canopy :laugh: the wind was really whippin. Fortunate too cause it was in the 90's :blink:

Comments