Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about re-freezing???

sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey yall, I took some baby back ribs out to cook, thawed them out seasoned them and fridged them since this morning. We had a big egging day at the house today and cooked everything but the ribs.

Now it has gotten late and i don"t feel like staying up to cook them now. Can i re-freeze them and come back to them another day? Thanks for your help in advance...

P.S. I sure hope you guys say it will be alright, cause i don"t want three slabs of ribs going to waste...Peace...

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I would think it would be fine if they have been in the fridge below 40 degrees.If they were mine I would refreeze em in a heartbeat.You may wanna wash off the rub so they don't taste like ham when you do decide to thaw them out to cook. :huh:
  • sirlancealot
    sirlancealot Posts: 506
    So Hoss, I never heard of rinsing them off hmmm, Ok if you think that would be a good idea..
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Sir...I wouldn't be too concerned about rising unless your rub is heavily salty. Hoss is correct that the meat can begin to 'cure', but a true cure takes salt and/or nitrites. How much salt is in your rub? I will often purposefully put something in a marinade before I freeze it, because it does take up a lot more flavor in the thaw. So your choice...either way, it should be just fine, though you may find the texture of the ribs a bit off next time as a result of the re-freeze.