Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs! OMG!

Options
GeorgiaBorn
GeorgiaBorn Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all. Did my first beef ribs yesterday. Had 7 slabs specially carved for me by my butcher at the local Publix. This I have found is a must because the ribs they have for sale have very little meat on them so I asked the butcher to cut them for me leaving a good amount of meat.

I smoked them for 4 hours at 225 and then 1 hour at 200. I then basted them with bbq sauce for 30 minutes, basting every 10 minutes.

I used the best rub I have ever tasted in my life from TexasBBQRub.com. The rub I used is their award winning TexasBBQRub. I have also used this on pork ribs, brisket and pork shoulder. My BBQ sauce of choice is also a grand champion award winning sauce. It is called Grandma Foster's Bar-B-Que Sauce.

Here is a picture of the ribs right before I took them off the Egg to start basting them:

BeefRibs7-4-10.jpg

Comments