Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket Question

ATXATX Posts: 98
edited 6:50AM in EggHead Forum
Morning ya'll,

My post Independence day brisket seems to be stuck at 189degrees, I was going to pull it off at 195.

Also this 13lb'er has only cooked for 16hrs & 45 min. I expected it to take much longer.

Should I give her more time or just pull that sucka off now?

Thanks fellow eggers. Hope ya'll nursin' those hangovers with a little hair of the dog.

Saludos de Austin Tejas,

A
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Patience is a virtue that is REQUIRED for low and slow cooking..

Be Patient...
    ·
  • ATXATX Posts: 98
    Yes but me so hungy! Kidding aside, you think I should pull at 195 or even 200? WWCWD? (What would Celtic Wolf do?)

Saludos, Amaury
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    I would wait till I could twist a fork in the flat easily and make me a sandwich whilst I wanted :lol:
    ·
  • ATXATX Posts: 98
    Haha. Good advice, have to try that next time. I just pulled 'er off. 195 temp in the thickest part of the flat. 200 in the thin end. I wrapped the thin part of the flat in foil the last 4.5hrs of the cook.

Brisket's wrapped in foil and resting for a half hour now.

Time to make my cider slaw (can't stand mayo) and heat up the Ranch Style beans.

Ahh nothin' like a day off with home cooked BBQ!
    ·