Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Cracked Egg

DuckfatDuckfat Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm just wondering if any one else has experienced a problem I am having with my large BGE. I have noticed for some time when I cook low and slow that I would get a puddle of moisture on my deck under the egg. I had thought the issue was that the humidity in a slow cook created condensation at the screen and it was running to the bottom and then dripping.
However this morning I noticed a larger puddle directly under the grill and realized the bottom of my egg is cracked.
I'm sure my neighbors appreciated seeing a short, fat bald guy rolling around on the deck at 5 am looking at the bottom of the egg upside down..... :laugh:
Has any one else had this issue?
Solutions?
Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Comments