Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cracked Egg

DuckfatDuckfat Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm just wondering if any one else has experienced a problem I am having with my large BGE. I have noticed for some time when I cook low and slow that I would get a puddle of moisture on my deck under the egg. I had thought the issue was that the humidity in a slow cook created condensation at the screen and it was running to the bottom and then dripping.
However this morning I noticed a larger puddle directly under the grill and realized the bottom of my egg is cracked.
I'm sure my neighbors appreciated seeing a short, fat bald guy rolling around on the deck at 5 am looking at the bottom of the egg upside down..... :laugh:
Has any one else had this issue?
Solutions?
Ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Comments