Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porky pig part 2 the ride home and test fit

Options
rzrrob
rzrrob Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Picked up porky this morning right at 40 pounds

a1fe3215.jpg

6d3459bf.jpg

Picked up the new v rack
17bd2898.jpg
Porky fits just fine could of fit a much larger one with no problem still plenty of room om the side
78c7de36.jpg
53bc2353.jpg

Comments

• rzrrob
    Options
    Also most of the pig will be over the pan so it will be easy to suck the grease out if the pan plus I have two under the grate for the left over water from the apple chips for extra mosture
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Is the backbone still intact, or is it broke to bend him? Looks like the hair is off. When are you putting him on? I bet you're getting excited!! I am...hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • rzrrob
    Options
    I had 2 inches cut out of the back bone,,, I post a pick of that before he goes on and all hair is off

Planing on putting him on around midnight
  • RGBHV
    RGBHV Posts: 1,318
    Options
    Virgin trays- I can't wait to see this. We're thinking about having a piggy tiki party next summer! (We like to plan well in advance! Ha! Ha!)

Debating between egged piggy or building a pit.

Michael
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I see that you have plenty of room to the side,but have you tried to close the dome? :whistle::) It should be pretty tasty,good luck B)
  • rzrrob
    Options
    Yes about half inch with the way I had him sitting should be more once I have him settled in for the long hall
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Can't wait to see Porky cooked up.

Please measure the fat drippings. I'm curious how much fat will be rendered. Will look forward to the pics.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    What an awesome cook! Will be great to see the steps when you get it going.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Would you like the measurements in ml,ozs or syringe units? LOL Happy 4th.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Richard, I would think it would be much more impressive in milliliters! B):lol:

Have a red, white, and blue concoction on behalf of me (I'm on call).