Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Great Egg\'d Chicken Salad

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A very versatile quick & easy egg'd chicken salad. Eat it as a main dish, use as a filling, finger snack food (crackers) or make some wonderful refreshing sandwiches.

Finished salad on 100% whole wheat thin rolls.
chicksalad1.jpg

chicksalad2.jpg

chicksalad3.jpg

chicksalad4.jpg

chick400.jpg

I egged a medium size whole chicken direct, raised grid, 400° until the breast & thigh/legs were 165°.

This is a fun recipe to play with to get different textures and flavor. The basic recipe is an old time favorite and very refreshing.

The Ingredients:

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Salt

3 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes halved
1 cup sliced celery
1/3 cup sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pine nuts (optional - mostly for texture)

Directions:
Combine first three ingredients. Stir in remaining prepared ingredients. Cover and chill.

Notes:
It is easy to change up the texture. I like to mince the chicken and quarter the grapes. Sometimes I will crush/grind the wall nuts. If I use pine nuts I leave them whole or a quick 1 time chop.

Add a little crushed red pepper flakes to add a little heat and flavor. Minced roasted jalapeno is also very tasty.

If using as a 'dip' chop all ingredients smaller even to a fine mince.

Try the basic recipe first than have fun and play with different textures and flavors. It's always a treat.

Enjoy!

GG

Comments