Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mexican Meatloaf - a nice treat!

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few days ago we had a thread about meatloaf and Spicecooks was kind enough to post the 'Mexican Meatloaf' recipe - last night we did the meatloaf and also based on Spicecooks recommendation, the Jalapeno Corn Casserole posted in the recipe section.[p]I placed the meatloaf on heavy duty foil over a drip pan and cooked at 375 to an internal 160 and let stand for about 20 minutes. I raised 3 sides of the foil forcing the excess fat, etc into the drip pan. Cooking time was about 1.5 hours. [p]Results – the meatloaf is a real keeper – it tasted great and the only change to the corn casserole that I’ll make is to cut the amount of sugar to 1/8 cup. They make a great combination – thanks to both Spicecooks and Marti Slotterback.

[ul][li]Mexican Dinner[/ul]

Comments

• SpiceCooks
    Options
    Gfw,
    Thanks for the comments. I forgot to put in the recipe about how long it took to cook. Your idea about the foil was great. That's why we use an old broiler pan. My "EGG kitchen" is getting to be just about as extensive as my indoor one. We have gotten quite a collection of odds and ends we use just in the EGG now. Pictures look great too!

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    SpiceCooks, my BGE kitchen accessories consist of a lot of Heavy Duty Foil - any size, shape, etc. Again - thanks for the recipe - I'm not a meatloaf eater (I like steaks and ribs), but it was really good!