Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite Cooking Book

shubydoobydo
shubydoobydo Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is your go to Grilling Book. I just heard that Big Bob Gibsons BBQ Book is a bible so I got it today and just started thumbing through it. What is your 'grilling bible?'

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    That is a very good cookbook and I have a copy. William's Sonoma has a good grilling cookbook entitled "Essentials of Grilling" If I am forgetting something about temp on different things I can look it up there quickly.
  • BigGreenDon
    BigGreenDon Posts: 167
    I got the Gibson book last week. I've been wondering about the white sauce but have been too chicken (NPI) to try it so far. I'm a bit squeamish about hot mayonnaise...

I've been wanting to take the grand-kids over to the space center in Huntsville, so I might need to side-trip to Decatur to check out it out.

Don
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I don't have a grilling cookbook per se. Well, I have one of Raichlen's books, Barbecue Bible I think. It was given to me by my BIL. He said - "Want this? I never use it cause it sucks, so if you want it it's yours." So I took it. He was right. Only tried a few recipes and they were AWFUL!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    A trip there is definitely worth it. Where do you live?
  • BigGreenDon
    BigGreenDon Posts: 167
    Roswell, Ga. Just north of Atl.
  • My current favorite is Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbeque. I think the most useful when I first got my Egg was Smoke and Spice by Bill and Cheryl Jamison. Another one I kind of like is called Mastering the Grill (can't remember the author).

I like Raichlin's books for rubs and marinades, but all of his stuff is very gas-centric, IMO. I haven't seen the Big Bob Gibson's book (though it's on my Amazon list).

-John
  • I second APL's Serious Barbecue. Ted Readers 'Blue Plate BBQ' is a lot of fun too.
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    I also pick APL's Serious Barbecue as a favorite. Everything I have tried has been amazing.