Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat loaf Slug

Ashman
Ashman Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The wife said it was the best ML ever, even the 8year old boy liked it!!

Slug-O-Meat
001.jpg

Inching towards the flames
005.jpg

Table Time
013.jpg

And a new use for Hickory chunks- a teething English Springer puppy named Cameo
024.jpg

Better the Hickory chunk rather than the furniture :blink:

Comments

• Bear
    Bear Posts: 32
    Ashman,
    Great food pics and handsome puppy! Thanks for sharing!

;):)

B.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    GOOD pic's but tell us about the meat please.
    Also pet that puppy for me.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Meatloaf looks delicous and what an adorable puppy. Going to be a beautiful dog.
  • Ashman
    Sauteed some onions in butter, then threw some cherrie tomatoes into the pan. Put the onions, tomatoes, worchesteir sauce, oregano, shredded mozzerella cheese, panko bread crumbs and one egg into the meat (Publix market ground beef). Started it on a piece of aluminum foil indirect, cooked for 40 minutes at 325, then moved it over the flame for another 10 minutes.
  • Trip
    Trip Posts: 27
    When you say indirect do you mean you used your plate setter? I cooked meat loaf last week, and wanted to do what you did let the flames kiss it a little before taking it in the house. I decided I didn't want to deal with the hot plate setter. How do you guys move it around when it is hot? I have some welding gloves that I use to move the wok on to and off of the egg, would that be sufficient?

Thanks
  • Ashman
    I've got an XL egg, so for indirect on a cook like this, I light the fire in the back of the box, and put the meat on the front part of the grate. And for moving a hot plate setter, I use silicon finger tip cups, but be carefull because if you hold on to the hot stuff toooo long, the silicon will get hot. Got to move quick!! (and when you are GWI, grilling while intoxicated, moving quickly can be tuff) :silly:
  • ML looks Great Pup seems very happy
  • Great loaf and beautiful puppy

The puppy will soon be spoiled and you are certainly spoiling the family with Egged food :)

Very nice