Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer can chicken

Options
PattyO
PattyO Posts: 883
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Other than beer and seasonings, what other liquids do you use in the vertical rack?
PattyO

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    actually we enjoy using white wine instead of beer in our Willy's Chicken Sitters, which are wide based ceramic replacements of beer cans which can tip over easily. The Willy's have a base area at least 2 or 3 times the size and take a real hit to knock over!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    like ron said, you can go with white wine. ...or if you have marinaded your birds, you can simply go with the marinade in the holder (or can) ...i've gone with a marinade of olive oil/lemon juice and herbs de provence and then just poured the marinade into an empty can before. ...works great. ...
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Patty I love using a dry white wine and I also use orange juice also. Then just before your bird is done with about 20 min. to go I drizzle honey on the top and let it roll down the sides right into a pie tin I set my holder on and it makes a nice glaze and dipping sauce. Real good.

Honey Roasted Turkey Breast: Real big hit.

100_0758-1.jpg

100_0764-1.jpg
  • joeypizza
    joeypizza Posts: 17
    Options
    I cook 2-3 chickens a week and love it. For me it's not whats in the can, it's the rub or marinate. Not to put a damper on beer canned chicken but check out this comparison from Naked Whiz.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/beercanchicken.htm