Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lack of Planning

bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sometimes leads to new ideas! This one was a winner.

Decided on the way home that since it's finally not a Turkish Steambath here in SW Ohio that it would be a great night to grill something. Wanted to keep it quick and simple and on the mini so I picked up some boneless skinless chicken breasts.

I cut them into 'skewerable' pieces and hit them with some italian dressing for a bit while I changed clothes, got a beer and lit the Mini. Dusted them with a little seasoned flour and threw them on the mini.

Next came a sauce/glaze. I just opened the fridge and started throwing the following into a bowl"

Peanut Butter
Soy Sauce
Rooster Sauce (Siracha)
Oyster Sauce
Mustard
Honey

Just kept adjusting until i got th flavor I wanted. Grilled the chicken to 75% done then glazed to finish.
4747402628_db2ccd321a_b_d.jpg

Plated with a little more sauce and some fresh spicy cucumber salad from the cucumbers from the Earthboxes.
4746761425_927a384af4_b_d.jpg

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I just finished eating and now I want some of your chicks. :P Tim
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Those look terrific, sometimes off the cuff is best! :cheer: I will be in Cincy [North Bend] Thursday, why don't you bring some over? :silly: :P

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • bitslammer
    Capt. Frank wrote:
    Those look terrific, sometimes off the cuff is best! :cheer: I will be in Cincy [North Bend] Thursday, why don't you bring some over? :silly: :P

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL

LOL that's like 10 minutes from my house! What on earth are you doing in North Bend? There are a couple of good little family places to eat there.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    My girlfriend lives there, Aston Oaks, off Shady Ln, bottom of the hill. I will be there for about two months. We frequent Rorher's, Cleve's Drive In, Hi-class, fun joints like that, plus we have a LGBE at her place, lets try to get together :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    On the fly get's it done! They looks very good chris!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • bitslammer
    Capt. Frank wrote:
    My girlfriend lives there, Aston Oaks, off Shady Ln, bottom of the hill. I will be there for about two months. We frequent Rorher's, Cleve's Drive In, Hi-class, fun joints like that, plus we have a LGBE at her place, lets try to get together :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL

Great idea....you got mail.
  • Bash
    Bash Posts: 1,011
    Looks very tasty. Nice char on the chicken.