Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ

Options
rzrrob
rzrrob Posts: 162
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just ordered my digiQ. And advise on placement of the pit probe

Thanks

Ps got to get ready for the whole hog cook

Comments

• EggSimon
    EggSimon Posts: 422
    Options
    rzrrob wrote:
    Just ordered my digiQ. And advise on placement of the pit probe

Thanks

Ps got to get ready for the whole hog cook

do ya have also ordered the probe tree ?

The probe tree is great tool, which allows a veery versatile placemenat of the probe. If not, call Sarah and add it to your order.

With the pt, ya can always place the probe in the appropriate high of your meat.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I try and keep it simple. Stick it about 1/2 way up the thermometer in the dome and forget it. ;) Love the Q on over nighters and got to work graveyards the next night!
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    I usually attach mine to the cooking grid or rack that I am cooking on. Then the probe is right next to the meat (not touching it) and I get great results. My dome temp is just a touch lower, which is what I expect. All is well in EGGDome.
  • EggerFromIowa
    Options
    Like some of the others, I put mine on the dome temp.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    I usually attach mine to the cooking grid or rack that I am cooking on. Then the probe is right next to the meat (not touching it) and I get great results. My dome temp is just a touch lower, which is what I expect. All is well in EGGDome.