Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy woosday!!

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
rerocksopenspace064.jpg

rerocksopenspace042.jpg

rerocksopenspace031.jpg

rerocksopenspace008.jpg

rerocksopenspace014.jpg
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Beautiful pic's Molly. Thanks :)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Nice pics, Molly !!

The first picture is at a marina on Clear Lake, where a friend keeps her sailboat. The second picture is a flower that popped up in the flower bed. Don't know what it is .. a lily I think.

woosday1.jpg

woosday2.jpg

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    was a good year for cherries :) made brandied cherries, cucafresca cherries, jack daniel cherries, makers mark cherries, nanking cherry jelly, and nanking cherry liquor, even made a jack daniel cherry syrup for pancakes B) about sick of plain old cherries off the tree.

DSC_0084-1.jpg

DSC_0085-1.jpg

DSC_0001_00.jpg

DSC_0008_00.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • is that a patient favorite bill :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    perfect post op soft diet food
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Perfect equilibrium............

DesdeLiblula.jpg
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Great pics Molly, thanks, and thanks to all the others also. :)
    By the way Molly, I grilled some lamb chops the other night and served them with Bumbleberry sauce, delicious :P You might want to try it :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    One of my favorite insects, we get big squadrons of those Xwing fighters in our back yard.
    This one had some equilibrium problems :(
    Nosedive.jpg
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

WooHoo! Another Woosday! Great photos Molly! I love the contrast between your part of the country and mine.

I submit a few from the beach before BP and the Government "pave over Paradise and put up a parking lot." (Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell) These aren't my usual wildlife photos but studies of shape and form, light and dark and textures found on a late afternoon beach.

I could title this "Linguini with Clam", it is Red Drift Algae, a natural sea weed and a Clam shell.
    DSC_3856A_640.jpg

Another Red Drift Algae with Clam shell still life. The sand on the beaches here is so fine it tends to cling to you and when you try to brush it off you just end up spreading it around. The Clam shell is probably 1/2" wide.
    DSC_3921A_640.jpg

This dry little seed pod is about 1 1/2" long is from a small little nondescript beach plant I have yet to identify, when alive it is green like the foliage and blends in. Dried up and dead it made an interesting shot of contrast, texture and shape.
    DSC_3888A_640.jpg

The shadows of the grass on this Sea Grape leaf entertain my eye. I do not know what the little seeds are but there were billions of them.
    DSC_3926A_640.jpg

The Horseshoe Crabs were here long before the dinosaurs and will probably still be here long after Man is gone. Their eggs are a very important food source for migrating shore birds like the Red Knot, a medium sized sandpiper that have evolved to time their migration to the crabs laying their eggs. The shell is an external skeleton and they shed them as they grow. This is a small empty shell.
    DSC_3966A_640.jpg

Looking like dinosaur footprints fossilized in stone these tracks will not survive the next tide.
    DSC_3960A_640.jpg

Have a great Woosday All,

Gator

• Gator Bait

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love it!!!

Thanks for the good laugh bill,

Gator

• Gator Bait

Savor every one of them fishlessman, I live in the land of citrus fruit that is probably equal to any in the world and can't touch it. It is cruel and unusual punishment to be diabetic and have such wonderful fruit around. Cherries would be the same, the old "you can look but you can't touch" story. Man they look good, no pies? ;)

Gator

• Gator Bait

Great shot Beli, I would photograph more Dragon Flies if they would just hold still a little longer. :angry: LOL.
    DSC_4124A_640-1.jpg

Gator

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    That's a beauty Gator.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Last night's Fried Okra and Sweet Corn Tacos with bacon crumbles, tomatoes and AZRP's Green Sauce. Sliders and Corn from the weekend.

LR

012-4.jpg

014-7.jpg

001-11.jpg
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Wow. Stunning pics, Gary. The harbor pic is a gem.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    I'm right there with you. Picked about 20 quarts over the weekend. Last night I made cherry clafoutis. Tonight it's jam, ice cream, and the rest will be pitted and dried. I might give brandied cherries a try, too. Do you do anything to seal those jars, or are they just lidded? How long do you keep them, before using them?
  • cookn biker
    Sounds good Frank! I really like both of the saces I got!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • tomo
    tomo Posts: 78
    We have not done this for years. Take a Mason jar and fill it 2/3 with cherries. Then fill the rest with cubes of sugar. Now fill the jar with the cheapest booze you can find. It will only taste of the cherries when it is time to drink. Just screw on the cap and leave until Thanksgiving. It is important to remember that it is pure booze and not cherry pop. I once made a
    baked Alaska with the cherries.....fantastic....tom
  • Gator Bait

Thanks Cpt'n, I had my longest lens on the camera and didn't have to sneak up on this one. They are amazing insects, yours probably had an age problem. I was very much aware this spring that many places I went there were thousands upon thousands of big Dragon Flies. These big brown bombers were at a fresh water marsh inland from here while at the beach there were vast numbers of large black ones with clear wings like yours. And too think, they all live to eat Mosquitoes!

Gator

• fishlessman
    the bunch with the booze is just two tbls sugar with the rum and 1 tbls sugar with the rest, the brandy and rum are the better of the bunch and i added a whole vanilla bean to those two. ive tried a hot canner but the cherries turn brown then more purple years later and they turn mushy. this time i just filled with booze to the top cold, added some red food coloring and the sugar and they are ready to eat within days and they only lost a little color, they still have a little crunch to them. the one with the vodka is 3 cups nanking bush cherries, 2 cups each sugar and vodka, one has a vanilla bean and it will be flipped daily for 90 days. the nankings are small and slightly tart but they should mellow with the sugar and 90 days, more a liquor type cordial hopefully. would like to figure a way to keep the cherries red, they seem to go towards white if bottled cold, and brown if hot canned. right now its just a fun experiment :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    im not much of a sweet eater, but no fruit would be a tough one. best year ive ever had with the cherry trees, no squirrels this year for some reason. my asian pairs never flowered this year, bummer, i love those things, sweet and crunchy crisp
    fukahwee maine

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    You guys [and gals] take some truly amazing photos, I am really impressed, thanks for posting :cheer:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Molly,
    Nice pics of one of my favorite places..Garden of the Gods.
  • Gator Bait

I allow my self a 6 ounce cup of OJ every other month when I donate blood, it is my reward for letting myself be stuck with a needle. ;)

Gator

• Gator Bait

Great photos Lawn Ranger, are those tomatoes homegrown? They look perfectly ripe.

Gator

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Beautiful my friend....reminds me of those double wing planes....
  • cookn biker
    Jon, That was at Red Rocks Open Space. GOG is across the 'street'. :laugh: :):)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    A few from our trip to "The Wilds" last weekend.

Southern White Rhino
    4728495866_ea6efe6c3f_b_d.jpg

Persian Onager
    4727853455_6c51244894_b_d.jpg

A Dhole
    4727864451_73b5a00d2d_b_d.jpg

A Cheetah relaxing in the shade.
    4728513096_fdedd8824b_b_d.jpg
  • Gator Bait

I don't think we're in Cincinnati any more Toto!

Great photos Chris, where were you?

I am soooo happy we don't have Rhino's around here, he looks bigger and faster then my Honda Civic! :blink:

Gator