Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

happy day in West Chester, Pennsylvania

Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Driving by the other day I noticed some work trucks & this sign:

IMG_4640.jpg

If unaware of what I’m talking about & interested in the historical references:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=760795&catid=1

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=883674&catid=1#
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Glad to see they are coming back.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    WE have some Jimmy Johns here in North Carolina too, but the sign would read Jimmy John's 2009 or something like that. They have fantastic subs. The bread is great. Never heard about the hotdogs before.

http://www.jimmyjohns.com/

Must be different. On the website it says since 1983. They have them all over though.
  • jemrx
    jemrx Posts: 81
    Marc....glad to see jimmy johns making a come back. I can remember going there with my dad as a little boy. Now my kids have had that experience also. It's going to be hard to replace all that nostalgia and the black and white photos. btw what is lombada?
  • Zippylip
    Jack, me too, but like I said in the prior post, I have my doubts that they can re-capture the essense; the photos were awesome, & the trains, irreplaceable. As far as what la bomba is, tell you what, I've got a jar here with your name on it, you figure out how to get your hands on a pack of JJ dogs, I'll supply the lump, the requisite mini, beer, & a couple chairs. There is no better way to be introduced.
    happy in the hut
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Glad to hear it, Marc. Hope they can come at least semi-close. Should be lots of antique shops in your neck of the woods. Hope they shop there!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Good news indead Marc :woohoo: Glad to hear it :)
  • Zippylip
    it is good news all around, from the family that owns it that gets to move on & continue the name, to the generations of people that have come to rely upon its existence, to the guys that get to work & rebuild the place when not a whole lot is being built...

Maybe most of all just knowing that the ground will not spew forth another McDonalds or the like

How is the mommy doing?
    happy in the hut
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    She's doing great man,thanks for asking.She just had an ultrasound this morning and everything is great :woohoo: Just a few more months to go :ermm: :ohmy: :laugh:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Well goo to see there is some sighns the economy is turning around!!LOL Glad your place is going to raise from the ashes!! Still remember when they shut down my favorite bar. 20 years and I'm still waiting for it to reopen! :laugh: I know I have been missing a little but you have been pretty much AWAL. The new work environment got you bowed up?
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Another shovel ready project created by the current administration...LOL
    :blink: :woohoo: :P ;):)B)

Glad to hear they get to rebuild... :)
  • jemrx
    jemrx Posts: 81
    Your on Marc! let the search begin.